Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Super Hero Support Group (free play for six actors)

Super Hero Support Group free online one act play script comedy


Free Preview: "Superhero Support Group" Play for six actors

SAMPLE SCENE BELOW


A group of people dressed as superheroes sit in a row of a waiting room.
DOGBOY
Rough.

CATCHICK
Hiss.

DOGBOY
I wasn't barking.

CATCHICK
Oh.

DOGBOY
I was thinking how rough of a day I've had.

CATCHICK
That's why you're here.

DOGBOY
But I have things to do... crime to fight.  I can't wait around here all day.

CATCHICK
You don't have a choice.

SMACK
I can't take it anymore!  I have to get out of here.

(Doctor enters)

DOCTOR
Sit down.

SMACK
You can't stop me.  I'm Smack the Superstrong!  I will smite you!

DOGBOY
Nice tagline!

(Smack swings at Doctor but she backs away and then grabs his ear and twists.  Smack falls to the floor in pain)

DOCTOR
There will be no smiting, nor biting.

DOGBOY
Grrr!

DOCTOR
Nor scratching.

CATCHICK
Hisss!

DOCTOR
Everyone please wait your turn and no more disturbances.

(Doctor lets go of Smack.  There is a ding and Doctor exits)

DOGBOY
How did she stop you?  

SMACK
I don't know.

CATCHICK
Mind powers.  She's got mind powers more powerful than you can imagine.

(Shade comes from behind the chairs)

SHADE
Our powers are useless around her.

DOGBOY
Where'd you come from?

SHADE
I am Shade.  I came from the shadows.

CATCHICK
More like from behind the chairs.  How long have you been back there?

SHADE
Long enough to know what's going on here.

DOGBOY
What is going on?

SHADE
The doctor is removing our powers.

SMACK
What?

SHADE
Not only can she stop us.  She can take away our powers... forever!

DOGBOY
Nice dramatic pause.

SMACK
This is terrible.  I'd be nothing without my super strength!  I can't go back to being some loser working at D-Mart.  

CATCHICK
Personally I'm tired of all the hairballs.  She can have my powers.  

DOGBOY
I do get tired of smelling everything.  

(DOGBOY sniffs around and looks at Shade and makes a face)

DOGBOY (CONT.)
You smell like you've been hiding there a LONG time.  

SHADE
We have to escape.

SMACK
Or smite the doc!

DOGBOY
But how?

SHADE
Shhh!  She's coming!

(Shade hides behind the chairs.  The others sit in their chairs.  The Doctor enters with another superhero)

DOCTOR
You'll never have to worry about flying again.

CAPER
I guess it's time to hang up my cape.

DOCTOR
Stay off the rooftops. Or we'll have to have another session.

CAPER
I'm done.  Please.  I promise.

DOCTOR
Very well.  No need to schedule a followup then.

CAPER
Please.  Never again.  

DOCTOR
Next!

(Catchick stands.  Dogboy grabs her arm but she hisses and pulls away)

CATCHICK
Look.  I want to be able to go the beach again.  I want to go swimming again.  I am tired of all those naps.  Please doctor.  Take me next.

DOCTOR
Walk this way.

(Catchick follows Doctor off.  Caper starts to go but Smack grabs him.  Shade comes out)

SMACK
The doctor took your powers!

***

A PDF of "Superhero Support Group" 


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.