Friday, September 13, 2013

Scene for Three Kid Actors (Free play script from published play)

Check out this scene for three child actors from a published play for acting class, workshop or competition.


From the play Holka Polka

CINDY
Ah! Who is that?

WOLF
Oh, no. Here comes the screaming.

CINDY
It's a wolf!

BRENDA
Please, no. He's a nice wolf, really.

CINDY
There's no such thing.

WOLF
Is so!

CINDY
Ah!

BRENDA
Please, please. Both of you, calm down.

CINDY
But he's...

BRENDA
Highly misunderstood.

WOLF
And she's...

BRENDA
Got self-esteem issues.

WOLF
I have self-a-team issues too.

CINDY
You do?

WOLF
Yes. Everyone is always going around saying "what a big nose you have" and "what big teeth you have." It hurts.

CINDY
Oh, poor thing. I'm sorry.

WOLF
It's okay. I just want to go away some place where I won't bother anyone.

CINDY
You don't bother me.

WOLF
I don't?

CINDY
No, in fact you remind me of a doggy I had once. You know what he liked?

WOLF
What?

CINDY
This.

(CINDY scratches him behind the ear and he starts thumping his leg)

WOLF
Oh, that's nice.

(CINDY stops and smiles)

BRENDA
My name's Brenda.

CINDY
Nice to meet you. I'm Cindy.

WOLF
And I'm the wolf.

CINDY
The wolf? You don't have a name?

WOLF
Nope. Just "The Wolf."

CINDY
How sad. Let's give you a name. How about Fido?

WOLF
Uh, no.

CINDY
Spot?

WOLF
Nope.

CINDY
I know. Mr. Fuzzy!

WOLF
Okay.

BRENDA
You like Mr. Fuzzy?

WOLF
No, but I want her to stop with the name calling.

BRENDA
So Cindy, do you know why someone would want to put the Prince to sleep?

CINDY
He's so handsome and brave. I can't see why anyone would want to do anything to him.

WOLF
Brave?

(WOLF laughs and they look at him)

BRENDA
Why are you laughing?

WOLF
Well, I think the Prince has some bravery issues.

CINDY
He does? I don't believe it.

WOLF
He screams louder than any girl.

CINDY
He does not.

WOLF
He ran into me once. And he has this high-pitched scream... it could break glass.

(CINDY smacks him with a folded up fan she is carrying)

CINDY
Bad, Mr. Fuzzy. Take it back.

WOLF
Hey!
END OF SCENE
Read the entire play of "Holka Polka" at http://freedrama.net/polka2.html


Or purchase the published play on Amazon.com:




No comments:

Post a Comment