Thursday, May 29, 2014

"Ready to Rock?" comedy monologue for male from "Music Maybe"

"Ready to Rock?" monologue male version from short comedy play "Music Maybe"
(ISBN-13: 978-1519120106)
For permission to use this monologue, contact

Mel is the owner of a small music studio and welcomes the audience.

Mel Hi everyone... this is the studio... this is where the magic happens... or will happen. Nothing magical yet... except for the rat I found... over there. I call him magical because he kind of talks to me. Not with words but with his eyes. We made a connection. And I know he likes to rock so he's okay little dude. Anyway... this is where the next big band is going to birth itself. And you're a witness to the first moments of it's life... take it in... take a moment to let the aura ooze over you. Yes... feel it... oh yeah. So, I'm a drummer and believe it or not, drummers do start bands. Rush, the Eagles, Van Halen, Pink Floyd. My idea is an all percussion rock band. I'll gather all the best drummers in the area and we'll form a supergroup that will blow everyone away... literally. I need a good band name... "Blow you away"? "Loud Bangers"? "Screaming Rats"? I'll figure something out. Where is that rat anyway? He usually comes out to say hi. We've made friends. Maybe he could be the band mascot or something. I could get a clear bass drum and he could run around inside on a little wheel. I think his hearing is damaged already from all my practicing so I don't think he'll care. He likes the beat. So you ready to rock?!

Mel goes to his drum set and plays wildly.
Read the full "Music Maybe" scripts:

"Music Maybe" short comedy play for four actors about an all drummer rock group - "male version" or "female version"

No comments:

Post a Comment