Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"Blessing in Disguise" free comedy monologue for female from the play "Blinded by the Knight"

The following monologue is free for use in an audition, workshop, classroom or competition. Before using please contact and include the title "Blessing in Disguise" in your request.

"Blessing in Disguise" by D. M. Larson is a free comedy monologue for female from the scene "Blinded by the Knight" in the published play "Between Good and Evil" ISBN-13: 978-1502982308



It's nice having a guy around who is so helpful.  I could get used to having someone who does things for me like this.  I don't mean like a servant but as my special little helper.  Especially if I'm blind now... you think I'll be blind forever?  I wonder if they have Miss Blind USA?  Or maybe I'd be a shoe-in for Miss America if I'm blind.  So this could be a blessing in disguise.  You could be up there on stage with me guiding me around... I wonder if that's against the rules... I could get a cute little guide dog.  People love animals too.  A blind girl with a dog.  I'd win for sure.


Still haven't found my purse?  I wonder where it went to.

I hope Joe didn't take it.  I have no clue why he would but you never know.


 You're such a good listener.  I like that.  Most the guys I hang out with just want to talk about themselves.  They love talking about their bodies and their muscles and how they work out all the time or how they won the big game doing a touch basket or a win down or some such stupidity.  Don't you hate it when someone always talks about themselves non-stop?



NOTE:  The "****" is possible edit points for making the monologue shorter or longer


From the published play "Between Good and Evil" by D. M. Larson available on

No comments:

Post a Comment