Tuesday, November 4, 2014

"The Spirit of Christmas Indigestion" free stage play monologue from the play "Ebony Scrooge"

Spirit of Christmas Indigestion by D. M. Larson

This monologue has been adapted from the stage play script "Ebony Scrooge"  For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net and include the title ("Spirit of Christmas Indigestion")


(Ebony is sitting at a desk with cake, tea and paperwork. She has a pen in one hand and a tea cup in the other)

(Takes another bite of cake)

That Roberta has no work ethic, but she can sure bake a good cake.


What kind of tea is this?

(Looks at label on tea bag)

Sleepy time?!


That idiot.

(Eyes get heavy)

I have a mountain over paperwork to do.

(Drifts off)

I must get it done...

(Falls asleep on table. A thump in the kitchen wakes her)

What was that?

(Moves toward kitchen L)

Roberta? Are you still here?

(Another thump)

Oh, my goodness. It could be a thief.

(Heavy steps. Takes out cell phone)

I better call the police.

(Hits phone)

Battery's dead? Stupid discount calling plan.

(More thumps. She picks up fork)

I've got a rather large weapon in here and I'm not afraid to use it.

(Hears rattling, moaning, and other spooky sounds. Drops fork)

Uh, was it the tea or the cake that's doing this to me? I swear I'm hearing...

(The ghost of MARLA appears L)

A... A... An Apparition 


Go away. I know you're something I ate that I shouldn't have. I need some medicine. Some plop, plop, fizz, fizz, and you'll be gone.

Begone foul spirit. I know you're only heartburn.

(Goes and sits)

The only warning I need is on the tea label. Now I'm seeing things.

(Grabs papers and yawns)

Where was I before the spirit of Christmas indigestion appeared?

(Yawns and drifts off. Lights fade to black. Twelve strokes of the clock. And a ghostly sound is heard)


This play is published and available on Amazon.com ISBN-13: 978-1537655239.

Or you may purchase a PDF at Currclick.com
Read the entire play at http://freedrama.net/ebony.html

Find more monologues at http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment