Thursday, November 20, 2014

"A Present for Peter" scene for two child actors from the play "The Star" (free stage play script duologue)

"A Present for Peter" - scene for two child actors from the play "The Star" by D. M. Larson http://freedrama.net/star.html

For permission to use the scene, contact doug@freedrama.net and include the name in the request "A Present for Peter"

****

"A PRESENT FOR PETER" by D. M. Larson

PETER
(Enters form R)
Snowy?

SNOWY
(Smiles)
Hi, Peter.

PETER
I'm sorry I got so upset. It's just the thought of losing you...
(Pause)

SNOWY
Peter, I have a present for you.
(Takes a gift out)

PETER
Why are you giving me a present?

SNOWY
(Hands it over)
Because I care. Open it.

PETER
(He does. It is a small lamp)
Your lamp. I can't take this.

SNOWY
I won't be needing it...

PETER
Don't talk like this...

SNOWY
Please, take it.


PETER
But...

SNOWY
I used this light to find my way to the star each night. Now, I'm giving it to you. Please, never forget the star.

PETER
(Pause. Holds the lamp close)
No, I'll never forget, Snowy, never.
(Pause. SNOWY walks downstage)
Are you scared? Scared about the...sacrifice?

SNOWY
Actually, I'm not scared at all.

PETER
You're not?

SNOWY
I'm not because I know I'll be with the star soon

PETER
What?

SNOWY
It's coming for me, I can feel it.

PETER
(Puzzled)
How do you...what are you...

SNOWY
(Points)
I'll be up there with the star. What happiness and joy it brings.
(To PETER)
Let the lamp lead you here each night.
(Pause)
Please, don't forget.

PETER
(Slowly, sad)
I won't.

SNOWY
Farewell, Peter.
(Starts to exit L. Stops)
Keep up the good work.
(Exits)


PETER
(Looks at lamp)
I'll remember, Snowy. I'll visit each and every night.
(Pause. Almost in tears)
I'll think of you always. The stories, our friendship.
(Pause)
And the star.

END OF SCENE

Read the entire play of "The Star" at http://freedrama.net/star.html

Find more scenes for two actors at http://freedrama.net/small2.html

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.