Monday, May 4, 2015

"Fairy Godmother" monologue for girl from published play - solo female stage play script

Beauty IS a Beast is the story of a spoiled princess named Beauty who is beautiful on the outside but ugly on the inside.  Her fairy godmother decides to teach her a lesson and turn her inside out.  This monologue is from near the end of the play after Beauty has learned her lesson.

For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Fairy Godmother" in the request).


"Fairy Godmother"
by D. M. Larson


PRINCESS BEAUTY
Nick, please don't grovel. That's why I liked you. You didn't feel like you had to treat me that way. I'm just a normal peasant girl now.

My stupid fairy godmother did this to me. Correction: My smart fairy godmother. She's made me like cleaning.

(To FAIRY GODMOTHER)

It worked, fairy godmother. It worked! I'm happy not being a beauty.

(Looks at NICK)



I never thought I could live without my beauty, but I guess I can.

But, I can't just go back to the way I was. I like my new life.

I just don't want to be who I was before. I can never be as good as Honor.

(To HONOR)

I'm still not as beautiful as you are, sister. I don't think I ever can be.

I used to think I was the most beautiful woman in the kingdom, but not anymore. Now I think you've always been the most beautiful the whole time, I just couldn't see it.

No, Fairy Godmother, don't change me back. I don't think I want my old beauty anymore. It does me more harm than good.


END
***

Read the entire play of Beauty IS a Beast at: http://www.freedrama.net/beauty.htm

For more free monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

monologue for girl from published play - solo female stage play script

No comments:

Post a Comment