Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Part 7 of Free Acting School - Record your monologues

Day 7 of Free Acting School

You will now record the two monologues you selected from this link: http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

You can do a video or audio recording. If you do a video, upload it to a website like YouTube.com Or you can create an audio recording. There are cell phone recorders and apps as well as free audio recording programs for computers like Audacity.

Email a link to your video or email the audio file to your instructor Doug Larson at doug@freedrama.net

After your instructor listens to the two monologues, he will provide feedback for changes on one or both monologues. You must then make the changes to your monologue, re-record it and send it again.

Tips on recording: Try to find a quiet place to do the recording. Before you record, close your eyes and listen. Are there any sounds that might make your recording hard to hear? A tv in the next room or loud outside noises? Close windows, close doors, turn off these noises devices to try and get things as quiet as possible. If you're doing a video, look at your background. A plain wall is better than a background with a lot of things that will distract the viewer. Hang up a plain colored sheet (no patterns or designs) if needed. You want the focus on you, not the background.


***
Continue to Part 8 - http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/05/part-8-free-acting-school-goals-as-actor.html

Back to Part 1 - http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/05/free-acting-school-for-2015-part-1.html


13 comments:

  1. How do you use a camera app on a an iPad to send a link of your video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if this article is helpful: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/apple/how-share-your-iphone-ipad-photos-videos-with-anyone-3502697/

      Delete
  2. Hi Mr Larson, I emailed audio of my two monologues "Kill First, Gloat Later" and "Destroy Me".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did receive them and I will try to review them this weekend.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mr. Larson, I emailed a link of my videos on YouTube of my monologues. I hope you see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr Larson, I emailed you my monologue audio from 'demons' . And I am sending the second one from ' beauty and perfection'. Hope you will analyse them and give me the correctinal feedback.

      Regards

      Delete
  5. Hi Mr Larson, I have again sent you my second audio from the beauty and perfection.

    Hope you will come back to me with some correctional points.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello mr. Larson, i too have sent over two monologues and would love your feedback.
    I also wanted to thank you this site is a huge help for me and for others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all! I will be sure to respond to each of your submissions by email. Please allow about a week for me to respond. And if you don't hear from me, please feel free to check with me after a week has passed. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mr. Larson,

    About a week has passed since I sent my audio files to you via email, so I sent the email again and wanted to leave a comment here to confirm.

    Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to review them now. Thank you for the reminder.

      Delete