Friday, June 5, 2015

CUT OFF FROM THE WORLD free monologue for teen female from #bullying stage play script Bullied, Bungled and Botched

From my newest play for high school about bullying, "Bullied, Bungled and Botched" for teens, teenagers, young adults.

For permission, please contact doug@freedrama.net (include the title “CUT OFF FROM THE WORLD” in the request).  Please do NOT repost the text of this monologue online.

"CUT OFF FROM THE WORLD" by D. M. Larson

MOIRA
Look at what they're saying about me! It's all over TwitFace! Everyone at school is seeing it. You see how many likes it's getting! I hate TwitFace! It’s ruining my life! I can't go back to school tomorrow. I can't face everyone after what they said. What are you doing?  Don't deactivate my account! Give me back my laptop! Stop, you're going to break it!

It broke. You broke my laptop.

Where's my phone?  Give me my phone! Don't take out the battery. What are you doing with the battery! Put my phone back together! You're breaking it!

I'm cut off from the world...

(She cries and throws a tantrum. Then she stops and cries quietly.  Then after a long pause she suddenly looks a little relieved)

I'm cut off from the world.

(Long pause - she looks around)

Wanna play a board game or something?  

Hey look, we still have that tire swing in the back yard. Remember how we used to spin each other until we got so dizzy we couldn't walk? I loved that feeling. I wish I could feel that way again… not just dizzy, but… I don’t know… carefree?  Things get so much more complicated when you get older.

END OF MONOLOGUE


Read the entire play at http://freedrama.net/bullied.html

Find more free monologues at http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html


free monologue for teen female from #bullying stage play script Bullied, Bungled and Botched

1 comment:

  1. Is this allowed to be used for a first year high school drama audition?

    ReplyDelete