Friday, June 5, 2015

FOREVER TREE free monologue for teen female from stage play script Bullied, Bungled and Botched

From my newest play for high school about bullying, "Bullied, Bungled and Botched" for teens, teenagers, young adults.

For permission, please contact doug@freedrama.net (include the title “Forever Tree” in the request).  Please do NOT repost the text of this monologue online.

FOREVER TREE

(Janey still has some of her bandages on but you can see more of her face now and some scarring)

JANEY
Why can't everyone just leave me alone! They follow me after school and harass me - I go home and they harass me - maybe I need to stop shopping at Target. Because that's what I am. A target. People love to pick on me. The bullies have to take a number because I seem to be their favorite person to hate on. I’m some kind of stress reliever - they take out all their frustrations on me. I guess that is my purpose in life. At least I serve a purpose. It would be a shame if all that torture didn't have a purpose.

Then I go home and get harassed too. So I will just stay here behind this tree - forever. I love this tree. I do a lot of hiding behind this tree. I will even climb up and hide in the branches if I feel really scared.  Sometimes I wish I’d fall out of the branches and break my neck. I dangle on a branch, begging myself to let go. But I’m never brave enough to do it. And I wouldn’t want the tree to feel bad. This tree been good to me all these years. A quiet refuge on the border of madness and insanity. Safe from the madness of school and the insanity of home.  I’m tempted to build a treehouse and stay here forever.

Or maybe I will lay in the middle of the road and get it over with. I’m tired of hiding. You want me? Come and get me! Finish me off. Put me out of my misery.

(The sound of a car approaching. She lies in the middle of the road [stage] - car sound stops and then sound of car honking. She yells at car)

Either run me over or go around because I'm not moving!

END OF MONOLOGUE

Read the entire play at http://freedrama.net/bullied.html

Find more free monologues at http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html



No comments:

Post a Comment