Saturday, August 8, 2015

"A Breaking Heart" by D. M. Larson monologue for woman - free stage plays solo script drama dramedy - female emotional breakup

A BREAKING HEART 
BY D. M. LARSON 
(FREE MONOLOGUE FROM A PUBLISHED PLAY ISBN-13: 978-1512007183 "When Mel Fell for Nell")


Serious version: 

Sample of a comedy version: 

A Male Version: 


"A BREAKING HEART"

  BY D. M. LARSON


       NELL

  You want to break up... sure... no problem... yeah, I wanted to break up too.  I've been thinking about it from the day we met.  This is a person I will need to break up with.  But hey... you beat me to it.  No hard feelings.


(shrugs and turns away)


Be friends?


(turns with a huge smile)


Sure!  I'd love to be friends.  That's the natural evolution of most relationships.  Have a fling and then boom... friends.  I'm sure some of the best friendships started that way.


(overly enthusiastic)


I look forward to hanging out with you, buddy.  Let's meet up and go to a football game or Hooters some time and hang out.

(yells)


That would be GREAT!

  

(quiet/angry/eyes closed)


What?  Upset?   No, I'm not upset.  Why would I be... upset...


(starts to cry)  


No, I'm not crying.  I said, I'm not crying!

 

(bursts in to tears)  


I don't want your pity.  I don't want a shoulder to cry on.  I want... to be left...


(yells)


...ALONE!  Don't you get it.  I want to be alone!


(pauses... sadly reflects)

I've always wanted to be alone.  I never wanted to get close to anyone.  I never wanted us to get close.  And I guess I was closer to you than you were to me.

 

(turns angry)  


Don't lie to me.  I know you don't mean it.  I don't want to hear any more lies!  I don't want you to make something up so you can get out of this.  I want it all laid out on the table.

 

(yells)


I want to know the truth!


(long pause... cries... then manages to say)  


I want to know why you are breaking my heart.

END OF SCRIPT

***

"A BREAKING HEART"

(one minute version)

by D. M. Larson


NELL

What? Upset? No, I'm not upset. Why would I be... upset...

(starts to cry)

No, I'm not crying. I said, I'm not crying!

(bursts in to tears)

I don't want your pity. I don't want a shoulder to cry on. I want... to be left...

(yells)

...ALONE! Don't you get it. I want to be alone!

(pauses... sadly reflects)

I've always wanted to be alone. I never wanted to get close to anyone. I never wanted us to get close. And I guess I was closer to you than you were to me.

(turns angry)

Don't lie to me. I know you don't mean it. I don't want to hear any more lies! I don't want you to make something up so you can get out of this. I want it all laid out on the table.

(yells)

I want to know the truth!

(long pause... cries... then manages to say)

I want to know why you are breaking my heart.


END OF SCRIPT


***



For permission to use this monologue, please contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "A Breaking Heart" in your request).

Buy a low cost PDF of "When Mel Fell for Nell" at https://sellfy.com/p/TCL6/ 
("A Breaking Heart" is scene 4 of the play)

***

For more free monologues go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html


No comments:

Post a Comment