Make your own history!
- Hook (Anticipatory Set): Have students play Rock, Scissors, Paper. Ask them where they think the game came from.
- Direct Instruction: Read play "Rock, Sword, Firecracker!" a short comedy about the legend behind the game of Rock, Scissors, Paper.
- Guided Practice: In groups, create ideas for a short play where you make up the history behind something ordinary such as Knock, Knock Jokes.
- Closure: Have students tell about their short play ideas.
- Independent Practice: Students will pick their favorite fake history contest and write a script.
- Follow-up: Groups of students can practice and perform a student written script for the class.