Monday, August 3, 2015

The Not So Perfect Child dramatic monologue for female by D. M. Larson - teen child actor

The Not So Perfect Child by D. M. Larson from the published play "Flowers in the Desert" 

For a low cost PDF of this monologue, you may purchase it for from Sellfy.com

 



***

JAMIE

(Quiet anger)

You hate me don't you? I am never good enough for you.

(Anger builds)

No matter what I do it's not as good as my sister.  I always have to hear how she would have done it better.  Or how she already did it better.

(Hurt)

Why does she want to ruin my life?  She just wants to blot me out like I was some sort of mistake... I'm just a copy... A copy of a copy... Not as good as the original... Not as good as you.

(Sarcastic and bitter)

You are so perfect... Everyone around me is so perfect... And there was nothing left over for me... I am the leftover failures... I am the fatty waste you toss to the dogs.

(Fury)

Everyone hates me!  Why does everyone think I am so horrible...

(Shakes and tries to hold back the fury)

Probably because I am.  A horrible creature doomed to walk this earth and suffer... For you.

(Cries uncontrollably... Struggles to speak)

JAMIE (CONT.)
I'm hurting... Hurting so bad inside.  Cut off from everyone ... Punished for some past life wrongs... What did I do in a past life to deserve this...

Or am I paying for the sins of my father... And mother... Am I your sin?  Or do I remind you of some sin you want to forget?

(Anger builds)

Or I am a disappointment that keeps disappointing.  I even disappoint myself.

(Furious)

I will never be my sister.  I don't want to be her.  I hate everything about her!

(Cries... Sadness)

But I don't want to be me either.  Sometimes I want to fade away... Become a shadow... Fading away... Forgotten... Maybe if you forget about me I won't make you so sad anymore.

END OF MONOLOGUE

***

This monologue appears in the published play "Flowers in the Desert" ISBN-13: 978-1530169085 - Go to Amazon.com to purchase the entire script: 



***
Find longer versions of this monologue at the links below:

Forget About Me


Me in Pieces



*Freedrama scripts are FREE to use in a classroom, audition, competition, or workshop.  But ALL mentions and printouts of the script should include the author (D. M. Larson) and the source (Freedrama.net). You may add links to the scripts on your website, but do NOT repost the text of this script online, even for educational use. 


This monologue appears in the published play "Flowers in the Desert"

You may purchase a low cost PDF at Sellfy.com













  • Check out more FREE stuff on the popular Freedrama Blog Posts below:

    Top 10 Most Popular Free Monologues:

    http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-10-most-popular-monologues-on.html

    Best Short Play Scripts and Skits:

    http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/08/best-short-plays-free-popular-stage.html

    Top 10 Comedy Monologues - Funny Solo Play Scripts:

    http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/08/funny-monologues-top-10-comedy-solo.html

    Free Online Acting School Class:

    http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/08/free-acting-school-for-new-actors-part.html

    Top 10 Acting Tips for New Actors:

    http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-10-acting-tips-help-for-new-actors.html

  • Copyright (c) 2013 

    NOTE: The text play may not be reproduced, redistributed or republished in any way.

    Thank you for selecting my script. Have fun and enjoy the play.
    Sincerely,
    D. M. Larson




    Art by Shiela Larson

    Copyright and Royalty

    These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



    When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



    Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

    Auditions

    Classrooms

    Workshops

    Camps



    If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



    https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



    This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



    IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.