Sunday, October 4, 2015

1 minute monologue - A Breaking Heart

(one minute version) 
by D. M. Larson 

What? Upset? No, I'm not upset. Why would I be... upset... 

 (starts to cry) 

 No, I'm not crying. I said, I'm not crying!

 (bursts in to tears) 

 I don't want your pity. I don't want a shoulder to cry on. I want... to be left... 


 ...ALONE! Don't you get it. I want to be alone! 

 (pauses... sadly reflects) 

 I've always wanted to be alone. I never wanted to get close to anyone. I never wanted us to get close. And I guess I was closer to you than you were to me. 

 (turns angry) 

 Don't lie to me. I know you don't mean it. I don't want to hear any more lies! I don't want you to make something up so you can get out of this. I want it all laid out on the table. 


 I want to know the truth! 

 (long pause... cries... then manages to say) 

 I want to know why you are breaking my heart. 



For permission to use this monologue, please contact (please include the title "A Breaking Heart" in your request). 

 This monologue is from the published play "When Mel Fell for Nell" 
ISBN-13: 978-1512007183

No comments:

Post a Comment