Sunday, March 20, 2016

Beauty IS a Beast monologues for young actors

Beauty IS a Beast is the story of a spoiled princess named Beauty who is beautiful on the outside but ugly on the inside. Her fairy godmother decides to teach her a lesson and turn her inside out.


 
"PERFECT BEAUTY" Adapted monologue by D. M. Larson

PRINCESS BEAUTY
(She gives a snotty look)
So why are you having a party for this prince?
(She brightens)
Oh, I know! The party is for me! So I can meet Prince Andres. And I spoiled the surprise. How horrible of me. Well, I will pretend to be sufficiently surprised when you introduce me.
I know you don't want me to lie but it isn't really lying. It's more like keeping a secret surprise. And we wouldn't want to disappoint father.
(She is very excited)
I must hurry and get on my most lovely dress. I want to look my best for our guest. Not that I don't always look my best. I know one can't improve on perfect beauty, but I shall try.
(PRINCESS exits happily) 

END

***
For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Perfect Beauty" in the request).

"FAIRY GODMOTHER" Adapted Monologue by D. M. Larson

PRINCESS BEAUTY
Nick, please don't grovel. That's why I liked you. You didn't feel like you had to treat me that way. I'm just a normal peasant girl now.
My stupid fairy godmother did this to me. Correction: My smart fairy godmother. She's made me like cleaning.
(To FAIRY GODMOTHER)
It worked, fairy godmother. It worked! I'm happy not being a beauty.
(Looks at NICK)
I never thought I could live without my beauty, but I guess I can.
But, I can't just go back to the way I was. I like my new life.
I just don't want to be who I was before. I can never be as good as Honor.
(To HONOR)
I'm still not as beautiful as you are, sister. I don't think I ever can be.
I used to think I was the most beautiful woman in the kingdom, but not anymore. Now I think you've always been the most beautiful the whole time, I just couldn't see it.
No, Fairy Godmother, don't change me back. I don't think I want my old beauty anymore. It does me more harm than good.
END

***
For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Fairy Godmother" in the request).

"THE MOST BEAUTIFUL"
Adapted Monologue by D. M. Larson

PRINCESS BEAUTY
But, I can't just go back to the way I was. I like my new life.
I just don't want to be who I was before. I can never be as good as Honor.
I'm still not as beautiful as you are, sister. I don't think I ever can be.
I used to think I was the most beautiful woman in the kingdom, but not anymore. Now I think you've always been the most beautiful the whole time, I just couldn't see it.
No, Fairy Godmother, don't change me back. I don't think I want my old beauty anymore. It does me more harm than good.
END

***
For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "The Most Beautiful" in the request).

"INSIDE OUT"
(adapted monologue)
by D. M. Larson

NICK
I don't want any reward. I should be paying them a hundred pieces of gold for letting me spend time with you.
You may have upset me at times. But there's something about you. The way you are that makes me never want to let you go. It's not your beauty, it's you.
Your fairy godmother took the beauty on the outside and put it on the inside. Let's thank her for turning you inside out and making you someone I can love.
END

***
For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Inside Out" in the request).



Read the entire play of "Beauty IS a Beast"


No comments:

Post a Comment