Monday, June 6, 2016

Beauty IS a Beast Part 11 The Birthmark scene free stage play script for child actors

Beauty IS a Beast by D. M. Larson

ISBN-13: 978-1511495967


(PRINCESS is sitting, her feet propped up on a chair. She is
Tired from cleaning. It is night. A candle is lit)

NICK: (Enters quietly)
You're finally done?

PRINCESS: I even cleaned the bottom of the table.

NICK: (Looks under it)
I can't believe it.

PRINCESS: I've never enjoyed myself that much before. And I've never been this tired.

NICK: You were incredible. It would have taken us a week to do that much cleaning. You have paid us back and more.

PRINCESS: Finally, a compliment.

NICK: I have been kind of hard on you.

PRINCESS: Kind of? I've never been treated so poorly.

NICK: This was definitely a day of firsts for you.

PRINCESS: You can say that again.
(She moans)

NICK: What's wrong?

PRINCESS: My feet. They hurt so badly.

NICK: It's those shoes. They look too small for you.

PRINCESS: Maybe so.

NICK: Can I take them off for you?

PRINCESS: No, that's okay. I'm fine.

NICK: No, really. I'll rub them for you.

PRINCESS: Oooh. A foot rub. How I miss those.

NICK: May I?


NICK: Please.

PRINCESS: Oh, I'm too tired to argue.
(He sits and she rests her feet in his lap)
I'll have to warn you.

NICK: (Removes her shoes. He stares, stunned) The birthmark.

PRINCESS: Isn't it ugly?

NICK: Ah, aah,

PRINCESS: Nick? What's wrong?

NICK: You're the princess!

PRINCESS: I've been trying to tell you that.

NICK: (Falls on his knees) Oh, your highness. I'm so sorry.

PRINCESS: Nick, please don't grovel. That's why I liked you. You didn't feel like you had to treat me that way. I'm just a normal peasant girl now.

NICK: But why?

PRINCESS: My stupid fairy godmother did this to me. Correction: My smart fairy godmother. She's made me like cleaning.
(Yells out)
It worked, fairy godmother. It worked! I'm happy not being a beauty.
(Looks at NICK)
I never thought I could live without my beauty, but I guess I can.


For permission to perform this play contact

You can purchase a PDF version of the full play at

or a book version on

No comments:

Post a Comment