Monday, June 6, 2016

Beauty IS a Beast Part 13 school age actor play for children

Beauty IS a Beast by D. M. Larson

ISBN-13: 978-1511495967


PART 13 - RETURN OF THE FAIRY GODMOTHER


NICK: No, let's thank your fairy godmother.
(FAIRY appears)

FAIRY: You called?

PRINCESS: There you are! I ought to.
(Grabs her)
Give you a big hug.

FAIRY: Well, this is certainly a change.

PRINCESS: I can't thank you enough for what you've done.

FAIRY: Perhaps I over did it a bit.

NICK: I suppose you're going to change her back now.

FAIRY: I can and I will.

PRINCESS: No, wait. I just got used to being this way.

NICK: But don't you want to be a princess?

PRINCESS: But if I become a princess, I can't be with you.

NICK: You'd give all that up for me.

PRINCESS: You and your family were so good to me. You're the first one to care for me for who I am, not what I look like. And I
feel so good. Before I just felt bad all the time.

FAIRY: Oh, what to do, what to do. Fairy godmother rules say I must change you back since you learned your lesson.

PRINCESS: Can't you break them, just this once?

NICK: But what about your family, Beauty. They're worried about you. If you don't go back,

PRINCESS: Oh, my goodness. I forgot about them. How awful of me.

FAIRY: Nobody's perfect.

PRINCESS: Especially not me.

FAIRY: What will it be, Beauty?

PRINCESS: Why can't I have both?

FAIRY: Both?

PRINCESS: Both Nick and my family.

NICK: Beauty?

PRINCESS: Yes, Nick.

NICK: You must go home.

PRINCESS: But, Nick!

NICK: Your family needs you. I know what it's like to lose someone you love. It leaves an emptiness in your life that you can never fill. When my parents died,

PRINCESS: If you think that's what's best!

NICK: I do.

PRINCESS: But I don't want to become so mean and terrible again.

FAIRY: You can be any way you want to be now. I promise.

PRINCESS: Then I better go.

NICK: I'll miss you, Beauty.
(Takes her hands)

PRINCESS: I'll miss you too.

***
For permission to perform this play contact doug@freedrama.net

You can purchase a PDF version of the full play at currclick.com
or a book version on Amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment