Monday, June 6, 2016

Beauty IS a Beast Part 3 Party Scene free acting play script for young actors

Beauty IS a Beast by D. M. Larson

ISBN-13: 978-1511495967

PART 3 - PARTY SCENE




(Many people are attending the party. Everyone is in fancy costumes and dances to the music. HONOR and the KING join in. BEAUTY hangs back and looks pretty)

HONOR: (After dancing) Come dance the next dance, sister.

PRINCESS: I don't want to mess up my dress.

HONOR: But it's so fun.

PRINCESS: There are some things more important than having fun.

HONOR: Like what?

PRINCESS: Go and enjoy yourself. I'll wait here for the prince to arrive.

HONOR: He already has.

PRINCESS: What? And he didn't say hi to me yet. Hasn't he spotted my absolute beauty? Hasn't he seen how radiant I am today?

HONOR: Uh, Beauty.

PRINCESS: What?

HONOR: He hasn't seen anything.

PRINCESS: What do you mean?

HONOR: He's blind.

PRINCESS: Blind? You mean he can't see?

HONOR: I'm afraid not.

PRINCESS: He can't even see my beautiful new dress?

HONOR: I'm sorry.

PRINCESS: (Nervous) Then, then I'll have to go talk to him.

HONOR: That would be a lovely idea.

PRINCESS: Yes, talk. I can do that.

HONOR: Come. I'll introduce you.

PRINCESS: Yes, yes. Okay. Just give me a minute.

HONOR: I'll bring him over.
(HONOR goes to get ANDRES)

PRINCESS: Oh, dear. What am I going to say? What can we
talk about? "What do you think of my hair?" No, I can't say that. "What do you think of my shoes?" No, that won't work either. What shall I do?

HONOR: (Brings over ANDRES) Andres. This is my sister, Beauty.

(ANDRES holds out his hand. PRINCESS reluctantly reaches out her hand. ANDRES takes her hand)

ANDRES: It is a pleasure to meet you.
(He kisses her hand)

PRINCESS: So good to meet you too.
(Silence)
Uh, so. How do you like my, I mean, how do you like?

ANDRES: The party?

PRINCESS: Yes.

ANDRES: It's wonderful. Especially the music. I love the music.

PRINCESS: I hadn't noticed.

ANDRES: It's delightful.
(Silence)

PRINCESS: Well, guess you want to run along.

ANDRES: Honor did say she was going to give me a tour of the kingdom after the party. I'm looking forward to it.

PRINCESS: You are?

HONOR: It's such a beautiful day outside. It should be lovely.

ANDRES: Your sister has been so kind to me. I wish I'd heard about your kingdom years ago.

PRINCESS: (Insincere) Yes, me too.

HONOR: Come, Andres. Let's have one more dance.

PRINCESS: You can dance?

ANDRES: Well, not really.

HONOR: But I can't either, so we make perfect partners.

ANDRES: We do!

PRINCESS: Yes, I guess you do.
(Another dance begins and HONOR and ANDRES join in. PRINCESS watches unhappily)
Some sister Honor is. She goes and steals my prince.

PRINCESS: Well, I'll show her. When I'm declared Queen of the Ball, as usual, then Andres will realize who the best princess is.


***

For permission to perform this play contact doug@freedrama.net

You can purchase a PDF version of the full play at currclick.com

or a book version on Amazon.com





No comments:

Post a Comment