Monday, December 12, 2016

A Little Private Education Part 6 "Tricks of the Trade" scene for 3 actors - 1 female 2 males

PART 6

LUKE
(Off)
Peg.  Could you get that?  Peg?
(Looks out)
Where'd she go?
(Comes out in boxers)
I guess they left together.  I'll bet that's the quickest that plumber ever worked.
(Gets phone)
Hello.  Oh, hi Mrs. Poke.  Alright...
(Looks around)
Mable.  Tonight?  Well, I'm not sure it's a good night for a meeting...  If you insist... 7:00... Okay.  I guess dinner's okay too.  Bye.

LUKE (CONT.)
(Hangs up)
Weird.  Why did she want to meet me tonight?
(Hears them in bathroom and grabs
something for cover.  They come out)
What were you two doing in the bathroom?

PEG
Paul was showing me some tricks of the trade.

PLUM
She's a quick learner.

LUKE
There you go, Peg.  You can become a plumber.

PLUM
(To PEG)
So you quit your job?

PEG
Afraid so.

PLUM
This is so perfect.  I have been looking for an assistant and the Department of Labor is insisting we have more females on staff.

PEG
Well, I'm female.

PLUM
I noticed.

LUKE
I'm getting ill.
(Exits to get clothes)

PLUM
Why don't I take you downtown and introduce you to my office staff tomorrow.  Where can we meet?

PEG
Here, I guess.

PLUM
You live here too?

PEG
No, but my place is hard to find.

PLUM
I'm a good finder, especially when there's something worth looking for.

PEG
Here's my address and number then.  
(Writes on some paper)
I dare you to try and find it.

PLUM
You've got a bet.  See you tomorrow then.

PEG
It's a date.

PLUM
Okay.
(Exits as LUKE enters in pants)

PEG
I'm in love!

LUKE
With Arnold Swartzenplumber?

PEG
Yes.

LUKE
Isn't it best not to get romantically involved with the people you work with?

PEG
It's a great job security.

LUKE
Yeah, until the romance is over and then so is the job.  Think it through, Peg.

PEG
What about you and Mrs. Poke, your patron of this fine school?

LUKE
What about us… I mean her… I mean…

PEG
Ah, Lukie is all tonge tied?   You sweet on her?

LUKE
What?  No.   I don’t know what you’re talking about.

PEG
I see how she looks at you.   She wants you bad.

LUKE
No way.  We have a purely professional relationship.

PEG
The only thing she wants is a professional gigolo.    Why else do you think she is funding your school?

LUKE
Because I have a great educational theory.

PEG
Come on.  You posted a web page with a few ideas and great picture of yourself.   I doubt she even read what you wrote.  She just saw the picture and she was hooked.

LUKE
I’m sure her visit tonight is nothing but professional.

PEG
She’s visiting tonight.   A professional night visit with her toy boy huh?

LUKE
It’s nothing like that at all.   She’s just very busy and it’s the only time she can fit me in.

PEG
Okay, fine.  Have your dinner “meeting.”    Where are you going?

LUKE
Huh?

PEG
Where is your dinner meeting?   She taking you some place nice?

LUKE
She wanted to meet here.

PEG
Here?  At your house?  Alone?

LUKE
This is the school too you know.   And…
(Goes over to a pile of junk)
This is my office.   If I can find my desk again.

PEG
Don’t forget the candles and the music.   I’m sure she’ll bring the wine.

GO TO PART 7

Purchase a low cost PDF at https://sellfy.com/p/K83b/


  • ISBN-13: 978-1532853111

No comments:

Post a Comment