Thursday, December 22, 2016

"Control the Future" scene 5, 6 and 7 free stage play script


ISBN-13: 978-1540666581

SCENE 5


JONES
Dr. Alan… do you have a moment?


ALAN
Ah, the travelers… we’ll leave it at that.  You won’t want to mention how you travel.


BAKER
Why is there a ban… on our kind of travel?


ALAN
Our Leader banned it. He said it was too dangerous and that we shouldn’t mess with our past. He warned of terrible consequences.


JONES
He sounds wise.


ALAN
Actually, some think he is quite… insane.


BAKER
Insane?  Then why is he your leader?


ALAN
We don’t have a choice.


JONES
You don’t have elections… voting?


ALAN
Not in my lifetime.


BAKER
How long has he been leader?


ALAN
A very long time. It’s hard to remember a time when he wasn’t our leader.


JONES
How did he take control?


ALAN
He owns everything so naturally he has control of it.


BAKER
So you still have currency?  You still buy and barter… goods and trade and private ownership?


ALAN
Of course… is it different in your time?


JONES
In our time, we all are provided with everything we need… homes, food, medical, education… all the basic needs and rights are taken care of for us.


ALAN
You must be from a very distant time then.  We’re no where close to that kind of world now.


BAKER
So what is this leader’s name?


ALAN
He is the owner of Ash Industries… Zack Ashton


(There is an alarm sound. ALAN looks around nervously)


ALAN (CONT.)
No, no, no. I said too much. Look what you’ve done. They’ll take you away… they’ll take all of us away.  I’m important. They have to let me go.  They have to.  I’ll tell them you forced me.  I’ll tell them you forced me to talk.


(CREATURES enter with odd weapons and look for them.  BAKER and JONES hide)


BAKER
Almost charged. Get ready to jump.


JONES
We need to find out what’s going on.  We need to fix this.


BAKER
We won’t fix anything if they jail us and take our technology.
JONES
Right… we better jump.  I found Ash Industries incorporation date… let’s go to when the company started.


BAKER
Got it.


(Can be the same CREATURE from before or another one)


CREATURE
There they are!


JONES
Jump!


BAKER
Come on.


CREATURE
Hold it right there.


(BLACKOUT. Weapons fire)


END OF SCENE


SCENE 6


(Lights come up on BAKER and JONES. Creatures are gone. BAKER is looking at his hat)


BAKER
My hat!  That creature shot a hole in my hat!


JONES
I didn’t even know you had a hat.


BAKER
It was in my pocket… it shot a hole in my pocket!


JONES
That would worry me more than the hat.  Let me look.


BAKER
Forget it. I’m fine.


JONES
Nothing strange here.


(WEIRD PERSON walks behind them that they dont see)


BAKER
Pretty normal actually.


JONES
Everyone is gathering here for some kind of event.


BAKER
Maybe it is when Zack Ashton announces his new company?


JONES
Let’s observe.


BAKER
Keep your eye out for Zack Ashton.  And don’t draw too much attention to yourself. Blend in.


(Creatures walk past them and they see them. Creatures in this time are more human looking with modifications rather than full creatures)


JONES
Sure… I’ll blend right in.


(They exit behind CREATURES)


SCENE 7
“Pain Scale”


ANNOUNCER

Welcome to our show, guys and ghools sponsored by our dear friend, Zack Ashton, inventor of all the genetic mods you love and enjoy.


VIEW THE PAIN SCALE SCENE NOW



"Control the Future" scene 5, 6 and 7 free stage play script

No comments:

Post a Comment