Monday, December 26, 2016

"Control the Future" scenes 16 and 17 free stage play script time travel adventure

"CONTROL THE FUTURE"
by D. M. Larson
Buy the book on Amazon.com 
ISBN-13: 978-1540666581
or

purchase a low cost PDF from Sellfy.com





SCENE 16


(ASH walks by ANNIE)


ANNIE
You got a dollar?


ASH
I have nothing.


ANNIE
What are you talking about?  You have nice clean new clothes and you look like you have regular meals.  And you look like you had a good shower or bath recently too.  I think that counts as something.


ASH
I guess so…


ANNIE
Want half my sandwich?


(DON, SAM and RICHIE enter running and stop when they see her)


RICHIE
You took my lunch.


ANNIE
This yours?


(RICHIE grabs his sandwich from her, looks at it and then throws it down)


RICHIE
Gross.


DON
Where’s our signs?


SAM
We’ll get fired if we don’t get those back.


(They get pushy with ANNIE)


RICHIE
That’s the problem with you street people. You’re a bunch of criminals…


DON
Thieves.


SAM
Why’d you take our stuff?


RICHIE
All you want are handouts.


DON
Bet you’ve never worked a day in your life.


SAM
Where did you put our signs?  I’m going to be in so much trouble.


RICHIE
You’re a waste of food.


(RICHIE throws more of his food at her. ASH stands in their way)


ASH
Hey, leave her alone.


RICHIE
This isn’t any of your business.


DON
You’re not her kind. Stay out of this.


ASH
What are you going to do to her?


SAM
Nothing… if she tells us where our signs are…


RICHIE
But if she doesn’t…


DON
If she doesn’t, we’ll have to teach her a lesson… to respect people who are better than her.


ASH
Leave her alone!


(RICHIE and DON rough up ASH)


SAM
Somebody’s coming.


(They push ASH down and run off. After a few moments, ANNIE goes up to ASH)


ANNIE
Thank you.


ASH
Sure, no problem. Happy to help.


ANNIE
We better get out of here.


ASH
Am I standing up yet?


ANNIE
Not yet.


ASH
I better stand up first then.


ANNIE
You sure you’re okay?


ASH
Never been better. I’ve never stood up to anyone like that before. It felt good.


ANNIE
Thanks for defending me like that. I mean… I kind of deserved it… I did take their signs.


ASH
I’m tired of people like that… people who think they’re better than the rest of us. I’m sick of them pushing the rest of us around. They wouldn’t like it if we were in control. They wouldn’t like it if we had the power to push them around. If I had the power, I would turn everything upside down. I’d make you a queen and I’d make them grovel at our feet.


ANNIE
You’re very sweet… in a weird, creepy way. You sure they didn’t hit you in the head too hard?


ASH
Maybe they did.


ANNIE
Need help getting home?


ASH
I’ll be okay.


ANNIE
Okay, then.  Maybe I’ll see you around.


(ANNIE exits. ASH sighs and limps off the other way)


END OF SCENE


SCENE 17



or

AND CAST OF CHARACTERS

Buy the book on Amazon.com 
ISBN-13: 978-1540666581
or

purchase a low cost PDF from Sellfy.com


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.