Monday, December 26, 2016

"Control the Future" scenes 8 and 9 free stage play script

"CONTROL THE FUTURE"

SCENE 8


(ASHTON enters laughing and clapping. Audience joins him)


ASHTON
That was wonderful. I love something with a good “punch” line. Dr. Curly Moe never disappoints. I appreciate you all coming to the show tonight and supporting my fund raiser for my new company, Ash Industries… that’s right, Ash Industries… my new company dedicated to enhacing your lives and making you a better human… genetic mods will become more than a fad… it will become a lifestyle.


(Audience claps)


ASHTON (CONT.)
We’ll have more murder and mayhem after a brief intermission… go out and buy some of my new mega-juice with live ingrediants that will energize and grow you mods.  Don’t be an ordinary person when you can be a super-human!


JONES
That’s our guy.


BAKER
Come on…


(BAKER and JONES intercept ASHTON)


JONES
Excuse me, Mr. Ashton.


ASHTON
You can call me, Zack.


BAKER
Thanks, Zack.  We’re reporters…


ASHTON
Wonderful… I wanted to get some press coverage.  This is great.


BAKER
We wanted to do a profile on your and get to know your backstory… what inspired you… when did your creature creating idea begin?


ASHTON
Creature creating… I like that. Still working on some slogans and catch phrases so I’m always on the lookout.


(JONES pokes BAKER)


JONES
Careful.


BAKER
What would you say was the single more important moment in the development of all this for you?


ASHTON
That’s easy… it was the PokyMonster app.
JONES
When did you release that?


ASHTON
It was the biggest hit of 2099. The end of the century addition that everyone had to have.  


JONES
Why was it so popular?


ASHTON
Because… I found a way to create real creatures… virtual ones, but they were very real and very alive.  They took on lives of their own.  Some of the best AI around.


BAKER
So you made virtual artificial intelligence?


ASHTON
Exactly… the creatures got a little out of hand so I had to shut it down. That’s when I got into genetic mods next.


JONES
So it was a failure?


ASHTON
I learn from failure. It takes a lot of failures to create a success. And that was the biggest failure of all… a most successful failure that gave me the money and resources to create genetic mods.


JONES
What did you do with the virtual creatures you created?


ASHTON
That’s the beauty of it all.. those creatures are part of the genetic mods… they are living beings that are part of the program... each person becomes host to these new creatures which are smarter and faster than any human… they make us better, smarter, quicker… you can practically go on autopilot when you have a good enough creature installed.


JONES
People allow that?  They allow themselves to be… inhabited?


ASHTON
When you get a taste of that power… the feelings it gives you… you won’t want to go back to being a normal anymore. It’s addicting… everyone is going to want it… just like that PokyMonster app I made… everyone wanted to play… now everyone will want to be a living part of the game. And they’ll never want to come back again.  The world I will make will be a wonderful one to get lost in forever.


(ASHTON looks at his watch)


ASHTON (CONT.)
The next part of the show is about to start… I will catch you all later… try the juice out in the lobby… you’ll get a little taste of what I’m talking about.


(ASHTON leaves)


BAKER
Looks like we’re heading to 2099… we have to check out that app… see how he developed it…


JONES
Can’t we just ask him now?


BAKER
He’ll get suspicious. And he’s pretty far gone anyway. That guy is nuts now… we have to find him at a more reasonable time in his life… find him at a key moment where maybe we can put him on a different path.


JONES
Or find out what technology he got his hands on that he shouldn’t have.


BAKER
Let’s go… Get ready to jump… in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…


JONES
Wait… I….


(BLACKOUT)


SCENE 9
“PokyMonster Murders”

VIEW POKYMONSTER MURDERS NOW
or

GO TO MAIN MENU
OF ALL SCENES

AND CAST OF CHARACTERS


ISBN-13: 978-1540666581


No comments:

Post a Comment