Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Mystery of the Gangster Ghost Part 12 "Kill Him" scene free stage play script

MYSTERY OF THE GANGSTER GHOST

PART 12


(They start to change back and then there’s another knock)


REMMY (CONT.) 

I’m going to kill him.


(REMMY grabs her frying pan)


JAQUE

No, Remmy!


(REMMY opens the door and is about the swing her frying pan)


REMMY

I’ve had it with you!


(CAL enters with PETE and VERA. She clobbers PETE by accident)


CAL

That’s a fine how do you do.


REMMY

Pete! I’m so sorry.


VERA

Back about your business. It’s the Boss.


(They greet him warmly - but it’s fake)


ALL

Cal!


CAL

Hello, everyone. This kind greeting

is all very touching. But I’m

afraid I’m closing you down.


(They all turn angry and show their true feelings for him)


ALL

What?!


REMMY

You can’t mean it.


CAL

You just ain’t making enough money,

Ms. Remmington. And you have

cops hanging around outside your

door. This ain’t no way to run a business.


REMMY

I don’t know what you’re talking about.


VERA

He has ways of knowing what’s going

on around her.


(VERA goes and cuddles up to CAL. JAQUE is upset)


JAQUE

What are you doing, Vera?


VERA

You’re such a fool. You really

think I’m your loyal little

girlfriend? Sure, we had a few

laughs but need a man with a little

more... substance.


FLO

She means money.


VERA

And power.


JAQUE

So it’s true... you’re a two faced liar.


CAL

I’d call her a talented double agent.


REMMY

This isn’t fair. You can’t close the club.


FLO

Who needs you. We can make our own club.


(PETE starts to get up and CAL grabs REMMY’s frying pan)


CAL

If you don’t use my clubs... you

don’t use any club.


(CAL hits PETE with the frying pan and he passes out again.

VERA picks up some paper and he cuts out a paper person

during the following)


CAL (CONT.)

And you know what happens to people

who walk into someone else’s club.

They don’t walk anymore.


(VERA rips the legs off of the paper person. PEOPLE gasp in reply)


REMMY

Okay, Cal. We get the point.


FLO

You don’t need this guy, Remmy. You

can get along just fine without him.


(CAL takes out a document)


CAL

Actually she can’t.


FLO

What’s that?


CAL

Her contract.


REMMY

Contract with the devil.


CAL

She was thrown out in the street.

Desperate and penniless, she came

to me. I agreed to help on one

condition: she had to sign this.


FLO

You can’t hold her to that. It’s

just a piece of paper.


CAL

I certainly can... because Remmy is

a woman of honor.


REMMY

I gave my word.


CAL

And she signed in blood.


FLO

Ew... really?

CAL

But you’ve failed me, Remmy. You’ve

broken section 1 of our contract.

Now it’s on to section 2.


REMMY

Oh, no. Not section 2. Anything but

section 2.


FLO

What’s section 2?


REMMY

It’s too horrible. I can’t even

say it. It’s a fate worse than

death.


(CAL reads the document)


CAL

Section 2 reads: "Anyone who fails

to do business for Cal Capone will

be condemned to mixing whiskey at

his underground factory."


FLO

That can’t be legal.


CAL

Legal, smeegle. We left legal

outside the door.


REMMY

I know I’m not making the kind of

money you’re used to but the prices

you’re charging...


CAL

The prices are fine.


REMMY

Give me one more month...


CAL

I gave you one more month...


REMMY

I’ll do anything to keep this club open.


CAL

Anything?



REMMY

Well...


FLO

Think about that one carefully, Remmy.


CAL

Stay out of this.


REMMY

Anything.


CAL

Anything?


REMMY

Anything!


(CAL does an evil laugh)

CAL

Then we will marry at midnight.


REMMY

Marry?


ALL

Marry?!


CAL

Married. M-A-R-Y-D. Married.


REMMY

Oh, no.


CAL

Oh, yes.


REMMY

Oh, my.


CAL

Oh, boy. See you tonight. Wear

something white.


(VERA blows JAQUE a kiss)


VERA

See ya.


(CAL starts to exit with VERA. PETE is up again and blocking

the way)


CAL

Move it, creep.


(CAL tries to push past PETE but he blocks the way)


PETE

You’re going to be sorry,

Cal. You’re going to be real sorry

you’re doing this to Remmy.


CAL

Is that a threat?


PETE

Nope, just a prediction.


CAL

Oh, you a psychic?


PETE

Naw... this seems like a sure thing.


(VERA hits PETE with the frying pan and he passes out)


CAL

Did you see that one coming too?


(CAL and VERA laugh and exit. REMMY runs to PETE’s side to

see if he is okay)


JAQUE

I can’t believe this.


FLO

Yeah... Remmy married to

Cal. That’s is a fate worse than death.


JAQUE

I’m talking about, Vera. How could

she do this to me?


FLO

That seems like the least of our

worries right now. You’re better

off without her.


JAQUE

I feel terrible... not that she was

a prize but think of how I treated

Maya. Maya was such a good friend

and I treated her so badly when she

told me her suspicions about Vera.

I need to to talk to Maya... I need

to apologize. I feel like such a heel.


(JAQUE leaves and FLO goes to REMMY)


FLO

What are you thinking, Remmy?! You

can’t marry Cal.


(REMMY tries to wake up PETE)


REMMY

It’s all part of the plan. Now if

Pete would wake up, we could find

out what that plan is.


PETE

Remmy? Is that you, my love?


FLO

My love?


REMMY

Shh... Pete. Everyone’s listening.


PETE

Oh, no. I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to...


REMMY

It’s okay. We couldn’t keep it a

secret forever.


FLO

Wait... what? You two?


REMMY

We found love in the middle of my

worst nightmare.


(REMMY and PETE join hands)


PETE

I hope I can turn this nightmare in

to your most wonderful dream,

Remmy. At first, I was undercover,

trying to find dirt on the

Capones. But Remmy touched my

heart and I knew I had to help

her... help her get free of their

evil grip. She was an innocent

victim that I couldn’t see

destroyed by them. The stronger my

love grew for her, the more

determined I became to take down

the Capones.


REMMY

Oh, Pete. What can we do? Do you

think we can really get Cal now?


PETE

For starters, we now have this.


(PETE pulls out Cal’s contract)


REMMY

My contract!


FLO

How did you get that?


PETE

I lifted it from him when I ran in

to him as he was leaving.


FLO

Way to go!


REMMY

You’ve saved me.


PETE

But we still have to put him

away... so he never bothers you...

or anyone... again.


FLO

How are we going to do that?


PETE

We’re going to have a wedding...

with a surprise guest. Cal has

some skeletons in his closet. Now

we need to invite one of them to

his wedding. So here’s the plan...


(They huddle as the lights fade to black)



Mystery of the Gangster Ghost scene free stage play script



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.