Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Mystery of the Gangster Ghost Part 3 Ghost Hunters of Route 666

Mystery of the Gangster Ghost

Part 3

ACT 1 SCENE 2 - GHOST HUNTERS OF RT 666


(Lights come up on a room. There a few tables and chairs in

the room. REMMY, enters nervously and looks around)


REMMY

Hello? Any ghosts in here?


(FLO follows REMMY in)


FLO

So this is the place?


REMMY

I think it will work for our little business.


FLO

A pickle factory.


REMMY

That’s just a cover.


FLO

I know. I was trying to play along.


REMMY

This is out of the way but close

enough to the action.


FLO

I don’t know if I want all that action.


REMMY

I don’t think we have a

choice. We’ve got debts to

pay. This is the only way to do it

quick enough for the Capones.


FLO

Stinkin’ Capones. Help us then

ruin our lives for it.


REMMY

We do this, then we’re done with

them. I promise.


FLO

You look spooked.


REMMY

They say this place is

haunted. That’s why it’s so cheap.


FLO

You can relax, Remmy. I think the

ghost busters are here.


REMMY

This isn’t funny, Flo. Something

really bad happened here.


FLO

Paying money to have these guys

come on scare our ghosts is what’s funny.


REMMY

As long as they get rid of them,

that’s all I care about.


(First enter JAQUE. He is in a suit, slicked back hair, and

carries some electronic gadgetry.

JAQUE’s device could look something like this:

http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2014/03/upcoming-play-prop-flip-flop-circuit.html

MAYA follows. MAYA is flamboyantly dressed and looks around

at nothings like a cat. JAQUE is flipping switches to make his device light up)


JAQUE

I’m getting some strong readings here.


(MAYA rushes to him dramatically)


MAYA

Let me see.

(Looks)

Yes, excellent. Exactly as I

expected. THIS is the room.


FLO

Brilliant. We already told her that

on the way in.


REMMY

Hush, Flo.


(JAQUE waves his gadget around and then points to a chair

that one of audience members is sitting in)


JAQUE

The strongest readings are there. And there.


(JAQUE points to the ceiling above that table)


REMMY

Oh, my gosh. He’s right. The owner

told me that too.


FLO

Did you tell him that?


REMMY

No, they haven’t ever been in this

room before.


MAYA

Please tell us more of the history

of this room. What do you know

already about the ones who inhabit

this place?


REMMY

We don’t know much at all actually.


FLO

We wanted to buy this building

because it is cheap.


REMMY

The reason this building was so

cheap was because past owners

claimed it was haunted.


FLO

I’ve never believed in that stuff

so I thought what the heck. Let’s get it.


REMMY

Then strange things started to happen.


MAYA

Things started to disappear?


(REMMY is amazed)


REMMY

Yes.


MAYA

Objects would be in one place, then

show up in another.


REMMY

Exactly. How did you know?


MAYA

That’s usually how it starts.


FLO

I didn’t believe any of it though

until that one night.


MAYA

The night you’d never forget.


REMMY

We drove by one night to discuss

the place one last time before we

bought it.


FLO

I saw a light go on. I immediately

thought burglars.


REMMY

I told Flo we should call the

police but she wanted to go in and

scare them off herself. She ended

up getting scared instead.


FLO

I wouldn’t say I was scared.


REMMY

I would.


FLO

Anyway, we got out of the car,

pulled out the tire iron from the

trunk and headed for the door. I

froze when I saw...


(MAYA points fearfully at ceiling above the table mentioned before)


MAYA

A body hanging there...


(FLO is surprised)


FLO

Yes.


(MAYA is starting to cry really hard)


MAYA

And crying coming from that chair.


FLO

Yes.


(MAYA falls into the chair)


MAYA

Oh, John. John!!!


FLO

Is she okay?


JAQUE

Step back. She is picking up a

presence. Look at these readings.

They’re off the chart.


(Jaque holds up his gadget while he flips switches to make

the lights flash)


REMMY

Are you sure this is safe?


JAQUE

Completely.


(Crossing dramatically to MAYA)


JAQUE (CONT.)

Spirit?


(MAYA just sobs)


JAQUE (CONT.)  

Spirit! Tell me you name!


MAYA

Oh, John. Why? Why did you do this?


JAQUE

John? Who is John?


MAYA

I loved John. I loved him so much.


JAQUE

What happened? What happened to John?


MAYA

I want to die.


JAQUE

Please, tell me what happened here.

We want to help.


MAYA

I want to die!


(MAYA runs for a knife on another table)


REMMY

Look out! She’s after the knife.


(JAQUE grabs MAYA as she grabs the knife)


JAQUE

Spirit! Spirit be gone!


(MAYA drops the knife and then goes limp)


JAQUE (cont’d)

Get her a chair.


(FLO rushes to get one and sits her in it)


REMMY

Is she okay?


JAQUE

When a spirit enters and leaves

her, it drains her completely.


MAYA

(Weakly)

Jaque?


JAQUE

Yes, Maya?


MAYA

Check your instrument.


JAQUE

What?


MAYA

Check it, quick.


JAQUE

I’m getting another reading.

Different this time.


MAYA

John? John, are you there? I hear him.


JAQUE

What is he saying?


MAYA

He says, he says... my neck hurts so bad.


JAQUE

Strangulation, did he hang himself?


MAYA

John? Did you hang yourself? I see.


REMMY

What did he say?


MAYA

He said that his love, Sadie, loved another.


REMMY

But she sounded like she loved him to me.


MAYA

John? Do you think it was a mistake? Some kind of

misunderstanding? John. Listen to me. John!


REMMY

What’s wrong?


JAQUE

We’re losing him.


MAYA

John? Don’t go. Listen to us. You

must listen. I have a message from Sadie.


JAQUE

He’s still there, barely. You must hurry, Maya.


MAYA

She didn’t love another. She loved

you, John. It was you she loved. It was you!


(MAYA screams and goes limp in the chair. JAQUE checks his instruments)


JAQUE

He’s gone. He’s really gone.


FLO

Really gone?


JAQUE

He’s no longer a restless spirit.

He has moved on to the afterlife,

that’s what I mean by really gone.

He now knows the truth and that has

set him free.


REMMY

But what about Sadie?


(JAQUE goes to MAYA and pats her on the hand)


JAQUE

Maya? Can you hear me?


REMMY

She looks so weak. Maybe we

shouldn’t push her.


JAQUE

But we must know!


FLO

We should let her rest first.


MAYA

(Weakly)

Jaque.


JAQUE

I’m here, Maya. It’s okay now.


MAYA

Sadie is so upset. She didn’t

understand why John was dead. She

didn’t know he thought she was

unfaithful. Oh, poor John. Poor

Sadie. She was only trying to make

him jealous so he’d pay more

attention to her. The other man

meant nothing to her. She just

wanted John to think that so he’d

want her more.


REMMY

Oh, my gosh. That’s so sad.


FLO

But he’s gone now... isn’t he?


JAQUE

He’s gone. I’m certain of it. My

readings showed a vortex opening

that allowed him to pass to the other side.


mystery gangster ghost hunters


No comments:

Post a Comment