Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Lesson 1 Write! Free Online Writing Classes for New Writers

Lesson 1 - WRITE!  Write, write and write some more. Write about anything. Write about everything. Keep a journal or notebook and write about your day.  You can simply make a list of things that happen. Try to do something different during your day as a way to get inspiration. Go to a new store or restaurant, read a new book, watch a new show or movie. Also watch or read the news and make notes about interesting stories you see. Keep a notebook and write down your thoughts during the day. Write as much as possible and don’t worry about it being good. Just do some writing and put some thoughts down on paper… as many as possible.


ASSIGNMENT 1A: Create a lot of notes this week to be ready for lesson 2.


ASSIGNMENT 1B: Post in the blog comments an introduction of yourself and why you’re interested in writing.




or 




OPTIONAL BONUS: Respond to a post by another student and discuss writing. Keep the posts positive and supportive. Students who are negative toward other students will not receive a certificate or instructor feedback at the end of the class.

You can purchase a low cost PDF of this class at http://www.currclick.com/product/104552/Writing-Help-for-New-Writers


Need help? Have questions? Email your instructor Doug Larson at doug@freedrama.net


Write! Free Online Writing Classes for New Writers

4 comments:

  1. Hello my name is James Dean. I have always loved theatre and great stories. I did not like reading until 10th grade when my teacher gave me a copy of Dracula by Bram Stoker.After that I really started reading more Gothic style books by many authors.From there I expanded to more comic book and sci fi writings. My favorite author is Anne Rice.She to me was the last great Gothic writer. I found that my focus on writing did really come about until after I watched the first Twilight Movie.The writing for this movie/book really put a bad spin on a great Gothic genre. I personally thought this could kill the interest people would have on future Vampire or Werewolf books/movies. I read a lot of Stephen King and Anne Rice books and I felt we need to get back to that style Gothic writing,so I started writing a book. The process is real slow because I did not take writing as a class or hobby.The purpose of doing this class was to help me finish my book. I would like to then make a screen play from my book and get it on the big screen . I will hopefully take a lot from this class. Thank you for this platform to help people with writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you. It's cool that you like theatre as well as I do. I know you will gain new insights for your book when you fully commit to each lesson.

      Delete
  2. Good Day everyone,

    My name is Tashi Lovely. I am a 24 year old wife, college student and mother of 4 beautiful children. I have taken free online acting classes here at freedrama.net. I put forth all my effort in developing my acting ability. after fully completing the 10th lesson,not only did I get a stipend,my perspective toward this craft has changed . I chose to take writing class because I want invest time into writing great things. It's nice to meet people share the same interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasure to meet you and thank for the wishes on my book. I took drama in high school for a semester and ended up not following that dream and a few years ago I signed up with one of those lousy agencies that do not help for real. I really want to act and so I took the free drama class here also and loved it. Good luck with following your dream and congrats on the four kids that is a full time job on its own.

    ReplyDelete