Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Lesson 2 Developing Ideas - Free Online Writing Classes for New Writers

Lesson 2 - IDEAS - Look at your notes. Is there anything interesting you would like to write more about?  Add ideas to your notes. Be creative. Maybe you wrote a note about this great dessert you ate. Add more details about how good it was. Or be creative and write about how the dessert comes to life and tries to eat you! Or maybe the dessert gives you superpowers. Have fun with your notes. Be wacky. Be weird. Just have fun playing with new ideas.


ASSIGNMENT 2A: Expand on as many of your notes as possible by adding new and creative ideas to each. Save these notes for lesson 3.


ASSIGNMENT 2B: Post in the blog comments about some of your favorite writers and why you like their writing.




or 



OPTIONAL BONUS: Respond to a post by another student and discuss writing. Keep the posts positive and supportive. Students who are negative toward other students will not receive a certificate or instructor feedback at the end of the class.

You can purchase a low cost PDF of this class at http://www.currclick.com/product/104552/Writing-Help-for-New-Writers


Need help? Have questions? Email your instructor Doug Larson at doug@freedrama.net



4 comments:

  1. Several Authors have inspired me in my life and I believe they have inspired other famous authors as well. My interest in reading was born my tenth grade year when I was introduced to Bram Stoker and his Dracula novel.I was not interested in reading before I read this book and realized that reading can actually lead you on a journey if the writer is writing well. I looked more into Bram Stoker and his writings.I found he was multi-talented and could really offer something to any reader.For the time he was writing he was ahead of the times. I feel like there was not another author for me that meant as much. I also feel he was the inspiration for so many great novels and movies.For these reasons he became my favorite author and the study of his work for theatre made me fall in love with acting and what live theatre offers. My second favorite author is Anne Rice and her collection of gothic writing. Her ability to really transport you anywhere she wants to take you is amazing. I also feel she is the last of the great gothic writers. I feel no other writer beside Stephen King can capture your attention and make you feel what the characters are feeling.Her books were not given justice on the big screen.Interview with a Vampire was good but Queen of the Damned was horrible.I would love to see great screen plays for her other novels.The last author of course is Stephen King and is horror genre is untouched. His work whether it is screen plays or books he truly touches everyone that he has contact with.Stephen King is a true Cultural Icon and never will be matched.My favorite book is Misery and It and Christine are tied for second for me. All his work is amazing and shows real genius.The world will miss great writers like these three and Mary Shelley. My hope is to publish my own novel in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen King is a great all around writer. He made me afraid of clowns as a kid because of the book IT. I never heard of Mary Shelley,I will check her out. Keep up the good work.

      Delete
  2. My favorite author is Noire. I have read alot of books by her. She knows how to capture the attention of the reader with the detail of her characters. I love reading urban erotic tales and Noire writing skills are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the response and I have never read Noire I will have to check on that. Mary Shelly did Frankenstein. Bram Stoker also had a lot of different writing styles besides gothic.Are there any other authors you suggest. It the Book was great and so was the movie I cant wait for the reboot.

    ReplyDelete