Sunday, April 23, 2017

"Digital Soul" free dramatic acting monologue for male or female actor 1 minute solo series

"DIGITAL SOUL"
1 minute monologue
by D. M. Larson

Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved



***


There are too many difficult choices in life. I’ve given up changing the world. I spent too many days barking up those trees. Now, I’m content to pay the bills and care for my family. But part of me still cares deeply for those causes I cried about in my youth. My heart still bleeds a little when there is an attack on my young values.


Can I work somewhere that does war with the ideals I once held dear? They destroy the very life I cherish, and claim they do no wrong. They show no regrets. They justify what they do. I try to ignore it. I know I shouldn’t. I know I should take a stand. But somehow the fight is all gone.

What happened to me? When did I become all about numbers? Somehow my soul turned digital... mechanical… unfeeling... and cold.


END OF MONOLOGUE

***


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.