Friday, May 5, 2017

"Materialism" monologue for female from a published play sarcastic ironic solo script

"MATERIALISM" monologue for female
from the published play
"Romance on the Rocks"
by D. M. Larson


Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved

RHONDA
You know what. I'm not sure this is working out for us.

No, don't say anything. I know you're upset, but I need to get this off my chest.  I don't think we're right for each other. Sure, you have money and a cool car, but that's it. There's nothing more to you. And I just don't think I can be with someone so superficial anymore.

I need a guy who thinks more about what I want. You're so caught up in sunsets and books and poetry. I need someone who is caught up in me. I should feel important. What I want should be important to you. So that's why I'm leaving you... Leaving you and that wonderful car of yours. And all that money...

No, please don't tempt me any longer with your materialism. I need to be free. Free to be with someone puts me first and gives me my heart's desire. Goodbye, Phil.

END OF MONOLOGUE


***
Buy a low cost PDF of "3 Short Comedy Scripts

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.