Thursday, July 13, 2017

"A Magical Place" acting monologue for male or female solo actor

"A MAGICAL PLACE"
1 minute monologue
by D. M. Larson

Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved

Buy a low cost PDF of this monologue at Sellfy.com


***
I dream of being an actor. I want to act and make people happy. My performances will fill people’s hearts with happiness. I will make people laugh and cry, just like the actors in movies.

Movies always brought me comfort over the years. I love watching a great movie where the actors feel like real people. The best actors are the ones that draw me in and I forget where I am. I love getting lost in the new world they’ve created, which allows me to forget about the problems in life for awhile.

Sometimes, it feels like the whole world is against me and keeping me from my dream. My parents don’t understand why I want to be an actor. They think I’m a silly kid who wants to be some rich and famous movie star.  But acting is not about being popular or wealthy. It’s about doing something I love. There is nothing I’m more passionate about. I feel so lost and empty when I’m not acting. Performing in a play on stage makes me feel alive. I love being a part of a story and becoming a new person. It’s like I’m escaping to some other reality and I go to a magical place where I can be someone else.

END OF MONOLOGUE

***

Buy a low cost PDF of this monologue at Sellfy.com

from the published play
“Blondes Prefer Gentlemen”
ISBN-13: 978-1985331877
Book:
Low cost PDF of full play:




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.