Thursday, July 6, 2017

Big Nose A Modern Cyrano Part 3 one act play script

Big Nose Part 3

CYRIL
Here she comes. I’m going to ask her to coffee… or dinner… or to a movie… or…

(ROXY comes toward them. CYRIL steps toward her, but the CAPTAIN cuts them off and gets between CYRIL and ROXY)

CAPTAIN
Here is your script.

(ROXY looks at script. CAPTAIN looks at ROXY and then at CYRIL. CYRIL stares daggers at CAPTAIN. KELLY rolls her eyes)

ROXY
I have a monologue? That I have to know by tomorrow?

CAPTAIN
Can you handle it?

ROXY
Yes.

CAPTAIN
You can practice that part on your own. I want to do our part at the end.

ROXY
The kissing part?

CAPTAIN
Indubitably.

ROXY
But who am I talking to during the monologue?

CAPTAIN
Me. Your one true love.

ROXY
But you’re not on stage?

CAPTAIN
I have to prepare for my scene - it’s very intense.

ROXY
So I’m on stage alone talking to noone.

CAPTAIN
Duh… that’s why it is called a monologue.

CYRIL
She is trying to help you out. Shouldn’t you be a little more respectful.

CAPTAIN
What do you know about acting, sir?

CYRIL
I’ve seen you act. I might ask the same question.

KELLY
Down boys. Let’s be civil.

CAPTAIN
Please remove this stagehand at once. We have work to do.

CYRIL
Stagehand?

ROXY
He’s not a stage hand. He’s my acting coach.

CAPTAIN
What?

ROXY
I brought him in special to help me.

CAPTAIN
But I can assist you. I know the play.

ROXY
You must be far too busy to bother with an understudy like me.

CAPTAIN
It’s no bother. This is my favorite scene.

CYRIL
I’ll bet it is.

ROXY
If we practice now, I’ll do everything but the kiss.

CAPTAIN
What?

ROXY
I’ll do the real thing during the performance, but I’m not practicing that part. All the rest, but not that.

CAPTAIN
But…

ROXY
So… still want to practice?

CAPTAIN
Perhaps I am far too busy for this after all. Carry on stagehand. Help the girl practice.

ROXY
Girl?


CAPTAIN
But I expect that kiss to be extra passionate for the performance. I want the audience to believe we’re in love. I want them to see the fire between us. I want the stage to explode with romance.

(CAPTAIN exits. They laugh)

KELLY
Explode with romance?

CYRIL
You better make sure your insurance is up to date, Kelly. This place is going to blow.

KELLY
I think this play is going to blow. No offense, Roxy.

ROXY
None taken. I’m just going to make the best of this and have fun with it.

CYRIL
I will make our practice as entertaining as possible.

KELLY
Thank you both. I’m really glad I don’t have to cancel this show.


(KELLY exits)






one act stage play script

No comments:

Post a Comment