Monday, July 10, 2017

"Even Monsters Can Be Princesses" Part 11 family friendly school play for actors of all ages

"Even Monsters Can Be Princesses" Part 11

(QUEEN and PRINCESS enter with GUARD(s), PRIMROSE, COOKIE and MELODIUS. PENELOPE rushes to get DEE DEE looking presentable. GUARD, PRIMROSE, COOKIE and MELODIUS help clean up)


QUEEN
Prince Henry. May I have a word?


(QUEEN goes down stage toward audience)


PRINCESS
You are in so much trouble.


(HENRY and PRINCESS follow QUEEN downstage)


QUEEN
I have to say I am most thankful for my day of quiet. I was hoping to enjoy it a bit longer, but your sister could not contain herself any longer.


PRINCESS
I found out that you tricked me!


HENRY
Ooops.


PRINCESS
All you can say is oops?


QUEEN
That’s enough, dear child. Watch your tongue or I’ll put Prince Henry in charge of tricking you more often.


PRINCESS
What?! This is an outrage.


QUEEN
Something is outrageous. That’s for certain.


PRINCESS
Just for that, I’m holding my breath until I explode.


(PRINCESS holds her breath)


QUEEN
That will give a few moments to speak. So, you went to a lot of trouble today for some reason. Perhaps you can enlighten me to your activities.


HENRY
Well, I was trying to solve our monster problem.


QUEEN
And were you successful?


(PENELOPE approaches with DEE DEE)


PRINCESS
That’s the monster?!


HENRY
Dee Dee had a dream to be a princess and I thought I would make her a princess for a day in the hopes that it would make her less... monstrous.


PRINCESS
You can’t just make anyone a princess. You have to be born one.


HENRY
I think it takes more than blood to be royal, sister. It’s more than pretty gowns and jewels. Being a successful leader takes kindness, understanding and respect. Leaders are not born, they are made. And to become a leader, we must learn and practice and make mistakes.


PRINCESS
You must be learning a lot because you’re making all kinds of mistakes.


QUEEN
So, Henry. Was this a mistake?


HENRY
I was trying to change Dee Dee Monster, but perhaps she was the wrong person to be changing. The person who needs to change around here is my sister.


PRINCESS

I’m perfect the way I am. You’re the one with the problem.

or
Purchase a low cost PDF at CurrClick.com

or
BACK TO PART 1



No comments:

Post a Comment