Monday, July 10, 2017

"Even Monsters Can Be Princesses" Part 12 family friendly school play for actors of all ages

"Even Monsters Can Be Princesses" Part 12

HENRY
I gave you a day of peace and quiet, mother. Do I get my wish in return?


QUEEN
What is it you wish for?


HENRY
I wish to teach my sister a lesson. One she’ll never forget. I want her send to our Uncle’s castle in the swamp until she can learn some kindness and compassion.


QUEEN
My brother’s castle? The one where our kingdom’s creatures roam?


PRINCESS
I’ll never go! Never!


HENRY
You must. I earned my wish and that’s what I want. You need to learn to be a better person. You need to be nicer.


PRINCESS
But to a swamp? With those monsters? That’s… that’s… frightening. Oh, please, Mother. Don’t make me go.


HENRY
It’s for her own good. If she stays here, she’ll get more and more spoiled and selfish. She’s out of control!


PRINCESS
Please, Mother. I’ll be good. I promise.


HENRY
You promised me, Mother. You promised me a wish.


QUEEN
I did promise you and I did enjoy the quiet today.


HENRY
And you’ll have so many more days of quiet with her gone.


PRINCESS
I’ll do anything to stay. Please. I’ll be good. Please don’t send me away.


(PRINCESS is genuinely upset. DEE DEE goes to her hugs her)


DEE DEE
Dee Dee help. Dee Dee help.


HENRY
Dee Dee? Why are you being nice to her?


PENELOPE
Dee Dee feels bad for her. You made her cry, Henry.


HENRY
I’m not the bad guy here. My sister is the one who the problem.


PENELOPE
Is she right now? Or are you?


HENRY
How dare you talk to me that way?


PENELOPE
Why are you being so mean?


HENRY
Because my sister drives me crazy! She always gets everything her way.


PENELOPE

So do you.

PRINCESS
I’m sorry I have been so bad, Mommy. I promise I will be better. I’ll even be nice to Dee Dee Monster. I’ll do something special for her. I’ll give her one of my dresses! And… she can come over and play with me… and we can have a party for her too!

(DEE DEE jumps up and down and claps)

QUEEN
Dee Dee likes that.

HENRY
This isn’t fair. A party! Why does she always get to make a party out of everything?

PRINCESS
But it won’t be for me. It will be for her. I will make her my friend. I promise. I’ve never had a friend before. And you said she just wants to be like me. I can see she isn’t dangerous now. Let me try… I promise I’ll try to be good… and be nice. I don’t want to go to the swamp. It scares me, Mommy. Everything outside the castle scares me so bad. But maybe Dee Dee can help me not be so afraid of strange things.

QUEEN
I think being kind to Dee Dee is a good start. She has proven she is not dangerous and perhaps I have sheltered you too much. You and Henry are my youngest and I have been a bit overprotective. I love my babies too much.

HENRY
I’m not a baby.

QUEEN
Then stop acting like one, Henry.

PRINCESS
Yeah… I mean… I will try to be better too.

QUEEN
I hope so or both of you might be going for a visit to my brother’s castle. (To GUARD, PRIMROSE, COOKIE and MELODIUS) Let’s go everyone. We have a party to prepare… in honor of our new royal friend, Dee Dee.

(GUARD, PRIMROSE, COOKIE and MELODIUS exit)

PRINCESS
Come on, Dee Dee. Let’s go find you a dress for our party.

(PRINCESS and DEE DEE exit happily)

QUEEN
I know I was not able to grant your wish, but I see you are not ready for that kind of power. I do appreciate you trying to help me, but I don’t want you hurting your sister in the process. She’s far from perfect, but who among us really is?

(QUEEN exits. HENRY is pouting)
or
Purchase a low cost PDF at CurrClick.com

or
BACK TO PART 1



No comments:

Post a Comment