Monday, July 10, 2017

"Even Monsters Can Be Princesses" Part 4 family friendly school play for actors of all ages

"Even Monsters Can Be Princesses" Part 4

(HENRY sighs and sits on the throne.  DEE DEE sighs and sits next to him and copies him. PENELOPE enters)


PENELOPE
Ooops.  I found the monster.


HENRY
She found me.


PENELOPE
I wonder if she has a name.


(DEE DEE nods and holds up her blanket)


HENRY
I think her blanket has her name on it.


PENELOPE
It’s wet.  I think she chews on it.


HENRY
There. I see a name sewn on.  Dee Dee?


DEE DEE
Dee Dee!


PENELOPE
Dee Dee Monster.  That’s a very cute name.


DEE DEE
Dee Dee.


HENRY
Penelope. I would like you to take Dee Dee to the royal kitchen and give her something to eat.


(DEE DEE growl happily)


PENELOPE
What if I get in trouble?


HENRY
You’ll be in trouble with me if you don’t.


PENELOPE
Well, I would like to help and if you promise to help me if I do get in trouble.


HENRY
I always do.


PENELOPE
You are a kind prince. I wish you were the oldest.


HENRY
I prefer to the be the youngest. My brothers and sisters get all the royal duties and I get to have all the fun.


PENELOPE
So what fun are you going to have today?


HENRY
I’m going to do the one thing that will drive my sister crazy. I’m going help Dee Dee Monster.  Because it’s fun to annoy my sister and it’s even more fun to help someone.


PENELOPE
A win - win.


HENRY
Go eat, Dee Dee Monster, while I formulate a plan.


(PENELOPE and DEE DEE exit. QUEEN enters)


HENRY
Hello, Good Mother. May I speak with you a moment?


QUEEN
I suppose. Your sister is in such a tizzy. I don’t know if I can manage.


HENRY
If I can help manage my sister, then could you do something for me in return?


QUEEN
If you can get me a single day of quiet without your sister have an episode, then I will grant you any wish you desire.


HENRY
Anything?


QUEEN
Anything within my power.


HENRY
For a single day of peace and quiet?


QUEEN
Why not?  Your sister has not been at peace or quiet for more than an hour her entire life. If you can manage an entire day, then it will be worth the price.


HENRY
Then I shall give you a complete day of peace and quiet tomorrow.  Prepare yourself for the most relaxing day you’ve had since the birth of my dear sister.


QUEEN
You’re a funny boy. At least it will amuse me to see you try.

(QUEEN exits as PRINCESS enters)


or
Purchase a low cost PDF at CurrClick.com

or
BACK TO PART 1

***
Important Copyright Notice

These scripts may be used for FREE but PLEASE do NOT repost the TEXT of any script online in any way. Students, actors, teachers and student may use the scripts for acting or classroom activities and even videos, but do NOT repost them on the internet. Please link to the scripts on the website. We love that! But these scripts are published and protected by copyright (c) 2001-2017 so do not upload the entire text of a script. Performing the scripts for an audience or on a video is totally okay. Just be sure to credit the author and our website (Freedrama.net). Thank you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment