Saturday, July 8, 2017

Flowers in the Desert Part 12 family friendly version of the stage play script



FLOWERS IN THE DESERT
PART 12
MA
(Enters R with SHELLY)
Wait here. I'll get Sarge.


SAM
Sarge went towards the garage.


MA
Thanks.


SAM
So Shelly, you ready to get it?


SHELLY
(Cool and calm)
I don't know what you mean.


SAM
Sarge is sure mad at you. You shouldn’t push Vietnam vets around like that you know.
(Creeps up to SHELLY)
Cause one day, you're going to push him too far.
(Tries to scare SHELLY)
And he's gonna snap!


SHELLY
(The ice queen doesn’t react)
Don't be silly.


MA
(Enters with SARGE)
Okay, Shelly.


SHELLY
(Unemotional)
I'm sorry that I told you to shut up.


SARGE
(Doesn't look at SHELLY. Speaks to MA)
You'll take care of her punishment.


MA
I will.
(To SHELLY)
See me after your chores.
(SHELLY gives a slight nod)


SARGE
(To MA)
Send the other girls out here. It's time for chores.
(MA exits into house)
Shelly, you have barn duty.


SHELLY
I knew I should have waited to do my hair. And it looks so nice today.


SARGE
You'll also want to move all your things out of Sam's room. Jamie's going to stay with her.


SHELLY
And where am I moving to?


SAM
(Mock sincerity)
I'm afraid you're going to have to stay in the barn, Shelly.


SHELLY
(Loses her cool)
What?!


SARGE
Samantha.


SAM
Sorry.


SARGE
You're moving in with Tina.
SHELLY
(Excited)
Yes.


SARGE
But after what you pulled today, I'm not sure the barn is such a bad idea.


SHELLY
I said I was sorry.


SARGE
Sometimes sorry isn't enough.


SHELLY
It never is with you.


(SHELLY exits R. SARGE restrains himself)



GO TO MAIN MENU (& CAST LIST)

Purchase a low cost PDF of the full play at http://www.currclick.com/product/105534/Flowers-in-the-Desert


No comments:

Post a Comment