Saturday, July 8, 2017

Flowers in the Desert Part 2 family friendly version of stage play script

FLOWERS IN THE DESERT
PART 2


MA
(Off L)
Here it is, Jamie. Do you need any help with your bags?


JAMIE
(Off L)
No, I got them.


MA
(Enters L with JAMIE)
We're still in the process of fixing it up.


JAMIE
(Being polite)
It's nice.


MA
Not really. But once we put some time into it, we'll get it looking pretty good.


JAMIE
I see.


MA
Here. Let me take your bags inside for you.
(Takes her bag)


JAMIE
Thank you.
MA
I'll put your bag in my room for now. Did you bring anything valuable?


JAMIE
Huh?


MA
I like to believe the best about our girls here at the group home, but sometimes nice things tempt them and those nice things disappear.


JAMIE
(Nervous)
No, I don't think I have anything like that.


MA
Sorry, Jamie. I don't mean to scare you. They're really nice girls once you get to know them. Some of them have pretty rough edges but after time you'll see how neat they can be.


SHELLY
Ma!
(Holds up a scarf)
Look what Paula did to my new scarf! It looks like she dropped it in cow manure!


MA
Now, Shelly. Calm down.
(Takes scarf with two cautious finger)
It should wash out.


SHELLY
I could kill her. I could just kill her.
(Exits inside)


MA
I better take care of this before it turns into another Pearl Harbor.
(Points DR)
Go say hi to your Uncle Joe and ask him to introduce you to some of the girls.


JAMIE
(Very nervous)
How many girls are there in your group home?


MA
(Smiles)
Only four.
(As she exits into house)
Relax, Jamie. Everything will be fine.





GO TO MAIN MENU (& CAST LIST)

Purchase a low cost PDF of the full play at http://www.currclick.com/product/105534/Flowers-in-the-Desert


No comments:

Post a Comment