Saturday, July 8, 2017

Flowers in the Desert Part 25 family friendly version of stage play script

FLOWERS IN THE DESERT
Part 25


ACT II Scene 4


(SARGE and MA are talking)


SARGE
So, where is it you're going again?
MA
To help a sick friend.
SARGE
You're keeping something from me, aren't you? This friend wouldn't be a man would it?
MA
It's nothing like that. But it is a secret.
SARGE
I hate secrets.
MA
I know and you can never keep one. That's why I'm not telling you.
SARGE
So, the secret doesn't involve me?


MA
No, and that's all I'm telling you.
TINA
(Comes to door)
Can we come out now?
MA
After you get my bags out of my room.
TINA
You're leaving now?
MA
I sure am.


(TINA exits inside)
SARGE
Aren't you going to make breakfast first?
MA
I'll let you handle it.
SARGE
I guess I can do cereal.


MA
You can do more than that? Have one of the girls help you.


(TINA comes out with SHELLY. They are carrying suitcases)
TINA
Here they are.
SHELLY
Where do you want them?


(JAMIE, PAULA, and SAM come out)
MA
(To SHELLY and TINA)
Will you take them out to the car?
TINA
No problem.


(TINA and SHELLY exit with suitcases)
PAULA
(Worried)
How long you gonna be gone?
MA
As long as it takes my friend to get better.
PAULA
How long is that?
MA
(Smiles and hugs PAULA)
I'll be back soon. You won't even know I'm gone.
SAM
(Joking)
Sarge isn't gonna cook is he?


MA
(Smiles)
I left the number of the hospital by the phone.
SARGE
(Laughs)
I'm not that bad.
MA
Shelly and Tina are good cooks.
SAM
I hope so.
MA
They cook all the time, Sam. Something you need to get better at.
SAM
I'm a good cook.
SARGE
Toast and popcorn doesn't count.
PAULA
And she even burns those.
JAMIE
And remember the last time you tried cooking.
SAM
What is this? Pick on Sam day?
MA
You all behave while I'm gone. Remember who's in charge.
SAM
(Smiles)
Me?


MA
(Evil eye)
Samantha.
SAM
(Shivers)
Don't call me that.
SARGE
You'd better get going. You want to be there before dark.
MA
I'll call when I get there.
JAMIE
Drive safely.
PAULA
(Sad)
We'll miss you.
(Hugs her)
SAM
Don't do anything I would do.
(MA waves and exits L)
There she goes.


(SHELLY and TINA reenter)
SHELLY
It's party time.
TINA
The cat's away and we will play.
SARGE
You will, huh?
SHELLY
Just kidding, Sarge.
SARGE
(Skeptical)
Uh-huh. You girls got your chores done?
TINA
Yup.
SARGE
Mind if I check.
SHELLY
Well, maybe not all done. But almost.
SARGE
You might as well wait 'til after breakfast.
SHELLY
You want us to cook?
SARGE
No, Sam and I will do it.
SAM
We will?
SARGE
Sure. I did a little cooking in the army.
SAM
Oh, boy. Army food.
SARGE
It's not so bad. My favorite was the raisin bread. Though I'm still not sure where they got the raisins from. The guys joked that they were flies that got stuck in the bread batter. I'm not so sure they were wrong.
SHELLY
We can cook if you want us to Sarge.


TINA
Hey, yeah, no problem.
SARGE
No, we got it covered, don't we Sammy?
SAM
Uh, yeah, sure.


(SARGE goes happily in with JAMIE and PAULA. SAM follows looking worried)
TINA

This is going to be scary.





GO TO MAIN MENU (& CAST LIST)

Purchase a low cost PDF of the full play at http://www.currclick.com/product/105534/Flowers-in-the-Desert


No comments:

Post a Comment