Saturday, July 8, 2017

Flowers in the Desert Part 26 family friendly version of the stage play script

FLOWERS IN THE DESERT
PART 26


(SHELLY takes out a letter)


SHELLY
(Touched)
Oh, Tina, listen to this. "Dearest Mercy,"
TINA
Skip to the juicy parts.
SHELLY
It's all heavenly. "Mercy. There couldn't be a more perfect name for you. You are my angel of mercy."
TINA
Does it get juicy?
SHELLY
"But I have a confession to make."
TINA
Oh, dear.
SHELLY
"I'm afraid I lied to you about a lot of things. I'm not really a straight A student and I'm not president of the student body. I'm not even a volunteer at the hospital. I have to be there as a community service for getting in trouble at school. But I told you all of this because I wanted you to like me. Someone as beautiful and wealthy as you could never like anyone as terrible as me."
TINA
It sounds like you two are made for each other.


SHELLY
"I know you probably want nothing to do with me now that you know the truth about me. But I knew I couldn't lie to you forever. I've never met anyone like you before. I don't think I ever will again. I'm sorry this has to end so soon. Our last night together is something I'll never forget." Isn't it wonderful, Tina?
TINA
I'll say.
SHELLY
He liked me enough to tell the truth. That takes a lot of guts.


TINA
Sounds like a good catch to me.
SHELLY
He is dreamy.
TINA
So does it get juicy after that?
SHELLY
(Smiles)
Wouldn't you like to know?
TINA
It does?


SHELLY
I'm not telling. It's private.
TINA
Oh, come on, Shelly.
SHELLY
There are some things a girl of virtue will not share.
TINA
Oh, please. Give me a break.
SHELLY
Let's go out to the barn where no one can hear.
TINA
Okay.


SHELLY
It's good stuff too.  He actually got in a fight for me.


TINA
No way!


SHELLY
He defended my honor.  Makes me feel like a princess.


(The girls laugh and run off R. LIGHTS FADE TO BLACK)


END OF SCENE





GO TO MAIN MENU (& CAST LIST)

Purchase a low cost PDF of the full play at http://www.currclick.com/product/105534/Flowers-in-the-Desert


No comments:

Post a Comment