Saturday, July 8, 2017

Flowers in the Desert Part 28 family friendly version of stage play script

FLOWERS IN THE DESERT
Part 28


ACT II
Scene 6


(He reads it carefully. SAM watches him. He finds a mistake)
SARGE
Gosh darn-it. How'd I miss that?
(Corrects paper)
SAM
What-cha doin', Sarge?
SARGE
I got somethin' special for you girls.
SAM
Like what?
SARGE
Ring the bell and you'll find out.
SAM
Sure.


(Rings dinner bell. SHELLY and TINA come from off R. JAMIE comes from inside)
SHELLY
What's goin' on?
TINA
You guys didn't cook again, did you?
SARGE
No, I got somethin' special for you.
SAM
(Joking)
Is it money?
SARGE
No.
(Looks around)
Where's Paula?
JAMIE
She's comin'. She's still not feelin' too well.
(PAULA comes out. She looks really ill)
Here she is.
SHELLY
What do you have, Sarge?
SARGE
Well, a certain somebody told me that I don't say very many nice things to you girls, so I wrote something nice about each of you. I want to share it with you now.


(All girls look at each other surprised)
SHELLY
You didn't have to do that.
SARGE
Sure I did. Listen.
(Turns to Sam)
Sam: You are a spunky girl, full of fire.
You will do anything you desire.
JAMIE
It's like a poem.


SARGE
You are smart enough to rule Iran,
And pretty enough to do the Can-can.
(Girls laugh)
You are funny even on a rainy day.
What else is there that I can say?


(All the girls clap and cheer)
SAM
(Hugs SARGE)
Thank you, Sarge.
SARGE
You bet.
SHELLY
That was really good.
TINA
Who's next?
SARGE
Paula is.
PAULA
(Shyly)
Me?
SARGE
Come on over here so I can see you.
(PAULA walks over reluctantly)
Paula, is it true,
That there is no one
Quite like you.
You are a lot of fun,
And you love Jesus too.
No one is as devout as you.


(Everyone cheers except for PAULA)
JAMIE
What's wrong, Paula?


PAULA
(Starts to cry)
That’s so sweet, Sarge.


TINA
Why are you crying? What a baby.


JAMIE
Some people cry when they are happy.


PAULA
I’m sorry.


JAMIE
Don’t be sorry. There’s nothing wrong with crying.


TINA
If you’re two years old.


SAM
And you’re acting like your five. Leave her alone, Tina.


SARGE
Girls… please don’t fight. This was supposed to be something fun.


TINA
It was fun until she starting acting like a baby.


SAM
Keep it up and I’ll make you cry like a baby.


TINA
I’d like to see you try…


(SAM jumps on TINA, puts her in a headlock and pulls her hair. TINA screams)


SARGE
Stop it!


(SARGE pulls SAM off TINA)
SAM
Put me down!


SARGE
Not until you cool off.


(SARGE carries SAM on stage either over his shoulder or under his arm)
SAM
I'm gonna kill her!
SARGE
You better calm down, Sam.
SAM
I ain't stoppin' 'til she's dead!
SARGE
Have it your way.


(SARGE carries her off R)
JAMIE
Where's he taking her?
SAM
(Off)
Don't you dare! Sarge!!
TINA
He's gonna drop her in the water trough!


(Splash then scream)
SHELLY
I can't believe he did it. He always said he would, but he never has.


(SARGE and SAM enter together. SAM is soaked but much calmer)
SARGE
Feel any better?
SAM
Much.


PAULA
I still don't feel so good.
SARGE
Jamie. Why don't you take Paula up to her room?
JAMIE
Sure. Let's go, Paula. I'll make you some more tea.
(JAMIE and PAULA close door)
SARGE
(Looks at remaining girls)
Well, this isn't exactly poem atmosphere now.
TINA
You can finish after dinner. We gotta go get it started now.


(TINA goes inside)
SHELLY
(Quietly)
Thank you, Sarge.
(Smiles)
For thinking of us.
(Looks at him)
And for listening.


(SHELLY gives SARGE a quick hug and then runs inside)
SARGE
I didn't even get to read her poem. At least it wasn’t a total loss.


END OF SCENE



GO TO MAIN MENU (& CAST LIST)

Purchase a low cost PDF of the full play at http://www.currclick.com/product/105534/Flowers-in-the-Desert


No comments:

Post a Comment