Saturday, July 8, 2017

Flowers in the Desert Part 30 family friendly version of stage play script

FLOWERS IN THE DESERT
PART 30
SAM
Is that your mom?
JAMIE
Yeah, and her boyfriend too.
MA
Sam.
SAM
I'm coming.


(MA and SAM exit with SARGE, leaving JAMIE to face them alone. CONNIE and TOM enter L)
CONNIE
Hi, honey.
JAMIE
(Cold)
Hi.
CONNIE
How are you?
JAMIE
Fine.
CONNIE
I've been worried about you.
JAMIE
(Not responding)
Uh-huh.
CONNIE
Tom. If you go inside, Betty will introduce you to everyone.


TOM
Okay.


(TOM goes inside)
CONNIE
Jamie? Why did you run away?
JAMIE
You don't seem to want me around anymore.
CONNIE
That's not true. Of course I want you with me.
JAMIE
You haven't acted like it since Tom's been around. It was bad enough being second best around my sister but now there's Tom too.
CONNIE
Have you been jealous about the time Tom and I spend together?
JAMIE
It's not that. It seems like you care more about him than you do me. It's bad enough having Miss Perfect for a sister. Now I have to compete with some random guy too.
CONNIE
Jamie, you'll always be my favorite person. No one can ever replace you.
JAMIE
You sure didn't make me feel that way. My sister was always the one who got all your attention.  When she went to college... instead of spending time with me, you hook up with Tom instead.
CONNIE
Have I been that bad?


JAMIE
It's just that anything I say about Tom is some sort of big crime or something.
CONNIE
I want you to like him.
JAMIE
What for? He'll be gone soon, then they'll be another one.
CONNIE
(Annoyed)
I think we're pretty serious.
JAMIE
You've said that before.
CONNIE
You won't give me a chance will you? I need a life too, you know.
JAMIE
See, that's what I mean. I'm just in the way.
CONNIE
That's not true. I want you with me, but my whole life can't revolve around you.


(Pause. JAMIE calms down)
JAMIE
So what's so special about Tom anyway?
CONNIE
He's smart. He's funny. We have fun together.
JAMIE
That's it?
CONNIE
And he likes kids.
JAMIE
So?
CONNIE
I have to tell you, not many men want to get involved with women who have kids. Tom doesn't mind though. He has one too so he's open to it.
JAMIE
I know your last guy sure didn't like kids.
CONNIE
And I can't love a man who won't like my kid.
JAMIE
Yeah.
CONNIE
So will you come home?
JAMIE
Where is home now anyway?
CONNIE
With Tom. You'll like his house.
JAMIE
I guess. I liked the last guy's house better. He had cable.
CONNIE
But he wouldn't let you touch anything.
JAMIE
True.
CONNIE
Tom's a great guy. You'll see.


JAMIE
I guess we can give it a try.
CONNIE
(Hugs JAMIE)
Thank you, honey. Let's make it work this time.
JAMIE
We'll try.
CONNIE
Tom will too.
JAMIE
I have to admit something though.
CONNIE
What's that?
JAMIE
I kinda liked it here. It's going to be hard to leave.
CONNIE
Because of Betty?
JAMIE
No, because of the girls.
CONNIE
Really? I heard they were kind of strange.
JAMIE
No stranger than the rest of us.
CONNIE

If you say so.



GO TO MAIN MENU (& CAST LIST)

Purchase a low cost PDF of the full play at http://www.currclick.com/product/105534/Flowers-in-the-Desert


No comments:

Post a Comment