Saturday, July 8, 2017

Flowers in the Desert Part 31 family friendly version of stage play script

FLOWERS IN THE DESERT
PART 31

CONNIE (CONT.)
(Looks DR)
Who's garden?
JAMIE
Huh? Oh, Sarge's.
(Looks. Sees the full grown flowers)
Oh, my word…
(Yells)
Hey, everybody. Come look at this.
(JAMIE rings the dinner bell and SARGE comes out followed by MA, TOM, and PAULA. SHELLY and TINA come from off R)


SARGE
What is it?
JAMIE
Your flowers.
SARGE
(Runs up)
Holy cow. They grew!


(SAM comes out. Smiles)
SHELLY
You're kidding.
TINA
No way.
SARGE
Look!
MA
I don't believe it.
CONNIE
How did you do it?
SARGE
I don't know.
SAM
(Joins them)
He's got a green thumb I guess.
SARGE
No, but I got a crooked one.


(SARGE shows thumb)


TOM
How did you hurt your thumb?
TINA
Oh, no! Not the thumb story.


(SHELLY and TINA take off)


SARGE
(SARGE takes TOM for a walk)
It was a baseball accident. I was playing in the minor leagues...
TOM
Really?


(SARGE and TOM exit L)
MA
I still can't believe it.
SAM
Amazing, isn't it?
MA
(Catching on)
You didn't have anything to do with this, did you Sam?
SAM
Who me?
MA
Yes, you.
SAM
I won't dignify that with a response.


MA
What am I going to do with you, Sam?
SAM
The question should be, "What would you do without me?"
MA
Life sure would be boring.
JAMIE
It sure would.
MA
Would you like some tea, Connie?
CONNIE
Sure.
MA
I sure didn't think Tom and Sarge would hit it off.
CONNIE
I didn't either. You just never know.


(MA and CONNIE go inside)
PAULA
Are you leaving, Jamie?
JAMIE
Yeah.
PAULA
I'm gonna miss you.
JAMIE
I'm going to miss all of you, too.
PAULA
Really?
JAMIE
Yes, really.
SAM
You'll have to come back and visit.


JAMIE
I will. And you can come visit me.


SAM
That would be great.


(JAMIE gives SAM a curious look)


JAMIE
I wonder how those flowers grew so fast.


(SAM laughs)
SAM
Isn't it amazing what a little TLC will do?
PAULA
I wonder how he did it?


(SAM and JAMIE laugh)


PAULA (CONT.)
What did I say?
SAM
Nothing, Paula.
JAMIE
It's a private joke.
PAULA
Fine. I have a few private jokes of my own.
SAM
You do, huh?


PAULA
Yeah, and they're funny too.
SAM
I hope so.
JAMIE
I wish I didn't have to go.
PAULA
Can't you stay?
JAMIE
No, sorry.
SAM
We'll just have to throw you a going away party. It'll be great. We'll sneak out tonight and borrow the truck...
PAULA
You're gonna get in trouble.
SAM
Not unless someone squeals.


PAULA
Like piggy? I promise he’ll be good.
SAM
You’re too funny, Paula.


PAULA
I am?  What did I say?


(SAM and JAMIE laugh and PAULA laughs too but isn’t sure what she’s laughing at)
(LIGHTS FADE TO BLACK)


END OF PLAY


GO TO MAIN MENU (& CAST LIST) 

Purchase a low cost PDF of the full play at http://www.currclick.com/product/105534/Flowers-in-the-Desert


No comments:

Post a Comment