Monday, July 10, 2017

"Even Monsters Can Be Princesses" Part 5 family friendly school play for actors of all ages

"Even Monsters Can Be Princesses" Part 5
family friendly school play for actors of all ages

(QUEEN exits as PRINCESS enters)


PRINCESS
Mother!  Mother!  Where is she going?


HENRY
Sister. Please, may I have a moment?


PRINCESS
No!


HENRY
I insist.


PRINCESS
I have more important things to do than listen to you.


HENRY
But I have plan to help take care of the Monster who torments you.


PRINCESS
A plan? What sort of plan?


HENRY
I found out why she is after you.


PRINCESS
Because she wants to be a princess?  Well, she can’t.  Monsters can’t be princesses!


HENRY
No, actually it’s something else.


PRINCESS
What pray tell?


HENRY
It’s all the noise.


PRINCESS
What?!


HENRY
You are the loudest person in this kingdom, my good sister. And monsters are drawn to loud things. They love it.  They can’t get enough of all the noise.


PRINCESS
How dare you insult me! How dare you say I’m loud! I’m no such thing!


HENRY
Oh, really?


(PRINCESS pouts and quiets down)


PRINCESS
How did you find this out?


HENRY
As I told you before, I can speak to her. She likes me.


PRINCESS
Likes you! Ha!


HENRY
And she likes you too.  She loves all your yelling. Your tantrums are legendary. The entire kingdom can hear them. And beyond… to the land of monsters.


PRINCESS
The land of monsters?


HENRY
Perhaps more will come visit for a chance to experience the amazing sounds you produce.


PRINCESS
You’re joking?


HENRY
Maybe, maybe not. Are you willing to take that chance?


PRINCESS
Can you help me, brother?  I can’t handle any more monsters. One is bad enough.


HENRY
I will help you if you can be quiet for one entire day.


PRINCESS
Easy.


HENRY
Really?


PRINCESS
I can be quiet.  I can. It’s no problem. I can stop talking any time I want to.


HENRY
And no tantrums.


PRINCESS
I am way to old for tantrums.


HENRY
That wasn’t a tantrum I heard when the monster got your crown?


PRINCESS
That was different. I was merely sounding the alarm.


HENRY
You do that well, sister.


PRINCESS
Thank you.


HENRY
So for one day, I need you to be perfectly quiet. And stay out of sight.


PRINCESS
Stay out of sight too?


HENRY
I don’t want anything to happen that will upset you. If you stay someone hidden, then nothing will cause you to… sound any alarms.


PRINCESS
But I’m so good at it.


HENRY
I can handle it for one day.


PRINCESS
This is silly. I don’t want to do it.


HENRY
Okay, I didn’t want to scare you but there have been reports of monsters gathering outside the village.


(GUARD enters)


HENRY (CONT.)
Guard. Do you have an update for me about the monsters gathering at the edge of the forest outside the village?


GUARD
What? No, sir.


HENRY
Then go and get me a report. I must know their every movement.


GUARD
I shall get you an update immediately your highness.


(GUARD exits)


PRINCESS
This is terrible.


HENRY
You have been louder than usual lately and they have been drawn by your yelling. One more day of screaming they’ll overrun the castle for sure. And they’ll be looking for you.


(PRINCESS starts to scream in terror but quickly slaps her hands over her mouth)


HENRY (CONT.)
One whole day of quiet. That will give me enough time to get rid of the monsters.


(PRINCESS is quiet. Almost a whisper)


PRINCESS
Please, don’t let them get me.


HENRY
Never fear, sister. I will protect you.


(Very quiet as she exits)


PRINCESS
Thank you.


HENRY
You’re welcome, sister.


END OF SCENE 1



  or
Purchase a low cost PDF at CurrClick.com

or
BACK TO PART 1

***
Important Copyright Notice

These scripts may be used for FREE but PLEASE do NOT repost the TEXT of any script online in any way. Students, actors, teachers and student may use the scripts for acting or classroom activities and even videos, but do NOT repost them on the internet. Please link to the scripts on the website. We love that! But these scripts are published and protected by copyright (c) 2001-2017 so do not upload the entire text of a script. Performing the scripts for an audience or on a video is totally okay. Just be sure to credit the author and our website (Freedrama.net). Thank you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment