Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Stage Fright

Stage fright is a challenge a lot of people have. I've acted many times but I still get nervous right before I go on. But once I start performing I totally forget about the people and focus on my character. Focus only on your character and your story. Become that character. If you become the character, then it is this other person up there and not yourself. And don't look at anyone. Pick a point to look at in the back of the room and focus on that. Many performers (including myself) use the nervous energy and put it in your performance:

"If you have stage fright, it never goes away. But then I wonder: is the key to that magical performance because of the fear?" ~ Stevie Nicks

Don't feel bad about being nervous. Some very famous people had stage fright: Elvis Presley, Barbra Streisand, Meryl Streep and Sir Laurence Olivier.

Quotes from famous people with stage fright:

"I get stage fright and gremlins in my head saying: 'You're going to forget your lines'." Alan Rickman (Snape of Harry Potter fame)

Find more acting tips at http://www.freedrama.net/acting.html

10 comments:

  1. Thank you,I really love acting and I want to become an actress but I Dont think I can stand on the stage facing the crowd.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. start small and do a performance infront of two of your friends in the backyard, and get comfortable with that first, then after that it won't seem so bad with the big peoples

      Delete
    2. That's a great idea! I've had stage fright, too, but this tip is awesome. Going to try it. :-)

      Delete
    3. That's a great idea! I've had stage fright, too, but this tip is awesome. Going to try it. :-)

      Delete
  2. This helps a lot. I'll be sure to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely bad stage fright so this helps a lot! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete