Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"The Theatre Bug" scene for 2 actors (1 male 1 female) from a published play "The Ghosts of Detention"

This play script is a scene about two teens who are starting to like each other during the auditions for drama club.  Biff is a male cheerleader who is in detention because he punched a football player for saying something terrible about him.  Jasmine is a former cheerleader who decides to try drama.  This scene is from a published play called the "Ghosts of Detention" by D. M. Larson which is set in the 1980's.


Please ask permission to use this scene from doug@freedrama.net and use the title in the request "The Theatre Bug"

****

"The Theatre Bug" by D. M. Larson

BIFF
Hey, Jasmine. That was great.

JASMINE
Oh, hey, Biff.  I didn't know you were doing the play too.

BIFF
I didn't really have a choice.  I'm one of the detention detainees that has to do the play for a get out of jail free card.

JASMINE
Is that why you had to quit cheerleading?

BIFF
Yeah... plus I hit a football player.

JASMINE
Yeah... that was kind of funny.  How many football players get knocked out by cheerleaders?

BIFF
I guess it is kind of funny.  So you're not cheerleading anymore?

JASMINE
They cut me.

BIFF
What?

JASMINE
The new captain hates me.

BIFF
But you're awesome... I mean... you're so much better than her.

JASMINE
That's the problem.

BIFF
I'll talk to her if you want.

JASMINE
No, that's okay.  I want to try drama now.

BIFF
That's cool.

JASMINE
Yeah... and even better that there is a friend here too.

BIFF
Right on.

(They have a quiet, shy, awkward moment)

BIFF (CONT.)
So you... uh... are still looking for your Prince Charming?

JASMINE
What? Oh! The monologue... yeah, I guess so.  I picked the monologue because that's how I feel sometimes.  Where's my Prince Charming?  Where's my happy ending? You see all those movies and wonder why all our lives can't be that way.  I keep waiting for that movie moment where everything turns around for me... where something amazing happens... or someone amazing comes along and sweeps me off my feet.

BIFF
Yeah. You were great... with the monologue... I really believed you were some princess.  Very cool.

JASMINE
Thanks... I practiced it a lot.  I wanted to be good.

BIFF
You always are... I mean you always did your best with cheerleading.  You always had all the routines down first.  I always counted on you to help the others.

JASMINE
You were an awesome captain. Very... inspiring.

(Quiet, shy moment again)

JASMINE
So Biff?

BIFF
Yeah?

JASMINE
Can I ask you something personal?

BIFF
Sure... shoot.

JASMINE
Is what that football player said... was any of it true?

BIFF
Nope, not a word.

JASMINE
So you're not...

BIFF
No...

JASMINE
Cool.

BIFF
Really?

JASMINE
Oh... uh... I better go...

BIFF
Okay.

JASMINE
See you at drama practice tomorrow!

BIFF
Totally!

(JASMINE leaves and BIFF is very happy)

BIFF (CONT.)
I think I just got bit by the theatre bug.

END OF SCENE

*****

Read the entire play "Ghosts of Detention": http://freedrama.net/ghostsofd.html

Find more free scenes for 2 actors: http://www.freedrama.net/small2.html


free scene for 2 actors 1 male 1 female from published play

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.