Friday, March 27, 2015

Slave to the World - dramatic monologue for male from the play Midnight of the Soul - solo stage script

This monologue for a man is from the play "Midnight of the Soul" by D. M. Larson ISBN-13: 978-1523724512

For permission to use this monologue contact (please include the title "Slave to the World" in the request).

"Slave to the World"
by D. M. Larson


What does it mean to be a servant of God? What will it mean for our life?

I don't know if I can live that way.

I want to ... I really do... But I don't know the way. I don't know how. I feel like I always go about it the wrong way.

I want to follow... But all I hear is distant echoes... I'm never sure where they are coming from or where to turn. I want to turn to you... I really do. If only I knew the way. I feel lost... Without a real connection to this world... Or the next.

Lead me... Take me under your wing... I wish to follow... To serve.

I have served many masters in my life but never the right one.

I spent so much of my life serving others. A servant to everything. A slave. So many of us are slaves to our passions. They master us...

But there is one master who is merciful. Mercy master... Mercy please... I am a slave to the world around me. Deliver me... And I will follow.

From the play, "Midnight of the Soul":

Inspired by the quote from the Book of James (1:1) "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings."

For more free monologues go to

No comments:

Post a Comment