Friday, March 27, 2015

Slave to the World - dramatic monologue for male from the play Midnight of the Soul - solo stage script




This monologue for a man is from the play "Midnight of the Soul" by D. M. Larson ISBN-13: 978-1523724512



***
"Slave to the World"
by D. M. Larson


THOMAS

What does it mean to be a servant of God? What will it mean for our life?

I don't know if I can live that way.

I want to ... I really do... But I don't know the way. I don't know how. I feel like I always go about it the wrong way.

I want to follow... But all I hear is distant echoes... I'm never sure where they are coming from or where to turn. I want to turn to you... I really do. If only I knew the way. I feel lost... Without a real connection to this world... Or the next.

Lead me... Take me under your wing... I wish to follow... To serve.

I have served many masters in my life but never the right one.

I spent so much of my life serving others. A servant to everything. A slave. So many of us are slaves to our passions. They master us...

But there is one master who is merciful. Mercy master... Mercy please... I am a slave to the world around me. Deliver me... And I will follow.


END OF SCENE
***
Read the play, "Midnight of the Soul": http://www.freedrama.net/midnightsoul2.html

Inspired by the quote from the Book of James (1:1) "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings."



In the book “Midnight of the Soul” ISBN-13: 978-1523724512 



Buy a low cost PDF of this play on Sellfy.com 




For more free monologues go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.