Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Game of Risk - dramatic monologue for male from the play Midnight of the Soul - solo stage script


This monologue for a man is from the play "Midnight of the Soul" by D. M. Larson ISBN-13: 978-1523724512



***
"The Game of Risk"
by D. M. Larson


THOMAS
I worry I have done everything wrong... I took the wrong turn. Can I go back? Start over again? Or is it "Do not pass go"... Go straight to jail... I need a get out of jail free card.

Sometimes in life we need those little cards that give is a second chance... Were they called chance cards? I need a chance again.

Life is more like the game of Risk. Constantly fighting, trying to gain some ground. Conquering the world or being conquered. Making alliances only to be stabbed in the back.

It's a grim view of life, but life is full risks. If only there were more chances.

Chances are risky. But I took a finally took a chance on something. I have always been the one who followed the rules, never took chances, but in a way I wasn't alive anymore. A zombie... Lumbering alone among the living... Seeing but never touching... There but not able to communicate... My words an unintelligible moan to the living.

But someone heard me... Understood my cries as calls for help and reached out to me. And her touch brought me back to the living... My rotting flesh peeled away and I was reborn. She ripped away at the dead layers and reached the core of my soul... and breathed life into me again.

It feels so good to be back among the living. To have her at my side. Holding me by the hand... Leading me in to the light. Bringing me closer to you.

She is my angel... Your angel, sent to me in my time of need... A gift of new life.

You have given me a chance to wipe the slate clean. Begin again... Have my own life with my own choices... I am no longer pushed and pulled by the angry winds of life. You have shown me a way out of the storm and I have followed. And happiness. I finally feel happiness. Not the numbness of my emotionless past. Now I feel alive and I feel joy... Finally I feel joy and passion. You have given me so much... I am glad a took a chance. It is not easy but it is so good to feel again... No more letting life happen to me. I have taken hold of the reigns and will ride this tornado... Even if it kills me

Thank you for giving me life again. I am reborn.


END OF SCENE
***
Read the play, "Midnight of the Soul": http://www.freedrama.net/midnightsoul2.html

Inspired by the quote from the Book of James (1:5-6) "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."



In the book “Midnight of the Soul” ISBN-13: 978-1523724512 



Buy a low cost PDF of this play on Sellfy.com 



For more free monologues go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.