Saturday, March 28, 2015

The One That Breaks the Camel's Back - dramatic monologue for male from the play Midnight of the Soul - solo stage script

This monologue for a man is from the play "Midnight of the Soul" by D. M. Larson ISBN-13: 978-1523724512



***
"The One That Breaks the Camel's Back"
by D. M. Larson



THOMAS
Why am I happy? Because I am being tested. I am being pushed to my limits. I have faith that there will be no last straw... You know, that one that breaks the camel's back?

The camel is the most amazing beast of burden. Able to take on so much and survive on so little. I will be that camel. Surviving on so little yet carrying so much on my back.

This trial... This time in my life... is a trial where I must prove myself. It must be... It has to be...

I have to be strong. People are counting on me. I can't fail them.

But it feels like so much is out my control.

Can I really give God control? I want to let go and give my complete trust.. And unwavering, unquestioning faith .. But everything weighs down on me so heavily. I don't think I can hold on much longer. I am so weak.

Am I being tested? But what if I fail? I feel so close to failure. I feel like everything is crashing down on me. I feel like I am losing everything...

Faith... I have my faith... I need to let go of the worry and have faith... There are a few things they can't take away from me ...Faith... And love. No matter what the world threatens to do... I can still love... And still have faith in you...

I seek peace in your arms. Protect me from the turmoil of my life. In your arms are where I find joy. You are the eye of the storm where I calmly surrender myself to you. Hold me... Please hold me close... And never let me go.

Sheltered in your wings, I find serenity and happiness.


END OF SCENE
***
Read the play, "Midnight of the Soul": http://www.freedrama.net/midnightsoul2.html

Inspired by the quote from the Book of James (1:2-3) "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."



In the book “Midnight of the Soul” ISBN-13: 978-1523724512 



Buy a low cost PDF of this play on Sellfy.com 




For more free monologues go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.