Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bug-Eyed Creature monologue for teen male from stage play script Bullied, Bungled and Botched

"Being the new kid at school is like discovering a new planet."

From my play for high school about bullying, "Bullied, Bungled and Botched" for teens, teenagers, young adults.

For permission, please contact doug@freedrama.net (include the title "Bug-Eyed Creature" in the request).  Please do NOT repost the text of this monologue online.

BUG-EYED CREATURE by D. M. Larson

LUKE
Being the new kid at school is like discovering a new planet. Everything is strange and confusing and you're the weird alien everyone is afraid of - well not fear - you are the gross bugged eyed creature that's completely misunderstood.

(LUKE speaks like an alien to someone passing)

"I come in peace." Ignored as usual. Maybe I have on my cloaking device? No one seems to see me.

(He tries talking to more people as they pass and does the related hand motions for the following [ie Star Trek, Mork and Mindy])

Live long and prosper!  Nano nano!  Those are my geek gang signs.
May the force be with you.  How come that one doesn't have a hand sign? It really needs one.

(He tries out different hand and arm motions)

May the force be with you... may the force be with you... may the force make you live long and prosper. I like that. I need to make a t-shirt with that on there.

You know, the principal made me change my shirt. I had one with Spock doing the Vulcan hand signs saying “Go Trek Yourself” Like anyone could be offended by that. He said students are not allowed to wear anything with words on it. Isn't that ironic? A school banning words.
School is not the place to be unique or stand out. They have this mold they want everyone to fit into. If you're not a certain way the whole school says you're not their type and they reject you.

Rejection - life is all about rejection. I am proud to say I have always been the last to be picked for any school activity. Especially when it’s sports. I try to make sure I'm last - and if I am really lucky they have too many team members so I have so sit out.  To make sure I am last to be picked I always limp so they think I am a liability - and if they don't notice the limp, I add in a nose pick because who wants to pass the ball to a nose picker? Oh, that's a good idea for a hand sign.

(LUKE picks his nose and holds out his finger)

May the force be with you.

(Laughs)

They noticed that one. I know that’s gross but hey, I have my bug-eyed creature reputation to maintain.

END OF MONOLOGUE

***

This play is published and available at Amazon.com (ISBN-13: 978-1518661082):




Purchase a low cost PDF on https://sellfy.com/p/jFJB/

Find more free monologues at http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html


Bug-Eyed Creature monologue for teen male from stage play script Bullied, Bungled and Botched high school teenager



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.