Saturday, May 9, 2015

Dramatic monologue for male - Falling Away from You - solo stage play script

This is a dramatic monologue from the scene by the same name from the play "When Mel Fell for Nell"

"FALLING AWAY FROM YOU"
by D. M. Larson

MEL
I miss you... so bad. 

I always think I want to go somewhere but I am always sorry when I do. I thought I had to take a journey to find happiness, when in reality, happiness is at home with you. I guess the journeys make me appreciate you more. I journeyed so far, but the best thing was right at my door. Who would have thought that the best thing in the universe was only a walk away... no flying... no great voyage... just turn around and look... 

(He turns hoping to see Nell, the woman he loves, but she isn't there)

That's something good, right? I'm just trying to find something good because I don't feel so good now.

I just feel... alone. I hate being alone. The plane lifts me up but I feel like I am falling. 

(He falls to his knees) 

Falling away from you.


END
****
From the play "When Mel Fell for Nell" by D. M. Larson available on Amazon.com

Dramatic monologue for male - Falling Away from You - solo stage play script

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.