Saturday, June 6, 2015

PARENTING 101 monologue for teen male from stage play script Bullied, Bungled and Botched

From my newest play for high school about bullying, "Bullied, Bungled and Botched" for teens, teenagers, young adults.

For permission, please contact doug@freedrama.net (include the title “PARENTING 101” in the request).  Please do NOT repost the text of this monologue online.


PARENTING 101 
by D. M. Larson

BING
Welcome to Parenting 101. Lesson 1 - kill off his passion. We can't have him too excited about anything. And if he likes it too much there must be something wrong with it. So we must do everything in our power to discourage him. Little do they know it only makes me want it more.

It sucks when you don't fit in the place you spend your entire day. I feel so out of place at school.

But home isn't any better. My parents even homeschooled me for awhile.  I guess they bullied me to give make the school experience as real as possible.

They were always fitting me for a dunce hat because I was never good enough at anything they wanted me to learn. But I was never able to walk on water or turn water into wine.
I wonder what I would have thought of my parents as teens? If we were all teens together. It would be interesting to go back in time and meet them, like a Back to the Future thing. I wonder what they were like. I want to see if they were liked or a loser like me.

They were probably popular. That's why they are so disappointed in me. If they were losers too, then they'd understand me more - understanding what I'm going through - and we could be friends.

END OF MONOLOGUE

Read the entire play at http://freedrama.net/bullied.html

Find more free monologues at http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

PARENTING 101 monologue for teen male from stage play script Bullied, Bungled and Botched

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.