Sunday, August 21, 2016

Jackie and the Potato Stalk Part 4 play for young actors

JACKIE AND THE POTATO STALK
PART 4



(Magical Western guitar music again. JACKIE climbs the potato stalk. NOTE: This can be done with a hidden ladder behind the potato stalk or JACKIE can exit behind the scenery of the potato stalk. Lights fade to black. Scene change to GIANT's home. The entrance to the home can be rolled in or the background can be changed)
JACKIE
                    (Gets off potato stalk)
Where am I? Is this Boise?
SPUD
No, this wasn't Boise. Jackie had arrived at a giant's ranch in the clouds.
JACKIE
That's a big door. I wonder who lives here?
GIANT
                    (Off. Big booming voice)
Oh what a bother. What’s that yonder? Is it a flea? Coming to visit me?
JACKIE
                    (Scared)
Who is that? It sounds like a giant.
                    (Hides)
GIANT
(Enters. He is just really tall with a big tall cowboy hat that makes him look even taller. Opens door)
What can it be? What's this I see? A beanstalk at my door. But what is it for?
JACKIE
Actually it's a potato stalk.
GIANT
Who are you? And what's that do?
JACKIE
That's a magic potato stalk that brought me here.
GIANT
Po-tay-to? Po-tah-to? More stalks add to my sorrow.
JACKIE
Hey, are you the giant that scared everyone away from our ranch?
GIANT
Yes, but I didn't mean to. I went down looking for something to do. It gets so lonely up here. No one else lives near. One day there was this big beanstalk and wanted to stay around the clock. But some boy has stole my goose and he said I was a monster on the loose. I've been alone ever since. Because I’m a monster that makes people wince.
JACKIE
You're no monster. And I know which boy you're talking about. Jack.
GIANT
Jack. Yes, Jack. That's the one who attacked.
JACKIE
Well, I think we need to pay Jack a visit.
GIANT
But he scares me. One sight of him and I flee.
JACKIE
Don’t worry. You wait here. I'll go get that Jack and we'll get all your stuff back.
GIANT
Oh, thank you, but it won't do. My family stole that guitar and goose too.
JACKIE
Well, two wrongs don't make a right. Fine, we won't steal it back but Jack needs to learn a lesson.
GIANT
Wait, there's still a magic guitar. He hasn't come and taken that so far.
                    (GIANT goes to get it)
JACKIE
A magic guitar?
                    (Western guitar music is heard as GIANT enters)
Cool. What does it do?
GIANT
It can make people do whatever you want to. And it will do any song for you.
JACKIE
So why not tell it to bring your goose back?
GIANT
I guess I could. I didn't know if it would.
JACKIE
Why wouldn't it?
GIANT
It can't do anything to make people unhappy. It will only make happiness.
JACKIE
I see. So even if it makes you happy, it will make Jack sad. But Jack doesn't deserve to be happy.
GIANT
The guitar doesn't care. It still won't think it's fair.
JACKIE
So the trick is to keep Jack happy and get the goose.
                    (Gets an idea)
Ha! I got it. Play the guitar. Tell it to bring Jack and the goose here.
GIANT
This I will try to do. I hope it will play for you.
                    (Western guitar music starts to play)
It looks like it is playing. It likes what you're saying.



or purchase a low cost PDF at https://sellfy.com/p/pSlS/

JACKIE AND THE POTATO STALK

(aka Jackie and the Spudstalk)


By
D. M. Larson
Copyright © 2005, 2016
All Rights Reserved*


For permission to use this script, please contact doug@freedrama.net (include the title "Jackie and the Potato Stalk in your request) - You may also request a free PDF of the entire script.


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.